Daily Url - Dec 9Th

webteam

Administrator
Tuesday, 09 December 2014

Gallery Nights December 2014 - Special and last edition of the year in Palermo[BA Travel Guide]
On Thursday, December 11th, 2014, from 7 PM to 10 PM, Gallery Nights, the original circuit for art lovers around more than 30 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers, presents this special edition, the last of the year, that will take place in the neighborhood of Palermo. Gallery Nights is organized by the art magazine Arte al Día, the second Thursday of every month between April and December.As always, there will be live music and free shows, and guests will be welcomed with ...

Operation Deportation: Argentina’s Changing Approach To Foreigners[The Bubble]
Argentina has so often acted amiably as a welcoming refuge for its foreign guests. Arms open wide and with a big toothy grin, Argentinas historically liberal approach to migration and visitation – even Nazis and Italian fascists were permitted entrance after WWII – stands as a bastion of hope in a world with so many impenetrable borders. This country has generously handed out visas and has just as generously renewed them. It offers free education for all, and even has free public healthcare ...

Argentina: Where Cash Is King And Robberies Are On The Rise[NPR (blog)]
Argentina is still comparatively safe. But according to an annual United Nations report on crime in Latin America, Argentina's robbery rate is 41 percent higher than even Mexico's, which comes in second. To understand this unexpected and very specific ...

Monday, 08 December 2014

Argentina's outlaw saints[The Week Magazine]
In a country both incredibly religious and overwhelmingly poverty-stricken, it makes sense that Argentina's Catholics would turn to relatable symbols of hope. Common people are very expressive and search for the palpable, Rev. Toto De Vedia, a priest ...

Saturday, 06 December 2014

Never been to Argentina? No problem, Mr. Ambassador[The Tribune-Review]
But having helped raise $500,000 for President Obama 's 2012 re-election campaign apparently was enough to get Noah Mamet an ambassadorship to Argentina. The U.S. Senate on Monday confirmed the Democrat political consultant's appointment...

Cabeceo in Buenos Aires[La Milonga Del 126]
The mysterious and challenging cabeceo. On my first trip to Buenos Aires, I didn’t use cabeceo much because I would usually meet my dance partner at the Milongas and we would dance together the whole night. On my second Buenos Aires Tango adventure, that changed. I had a new dance partner, and because of her busy schedule, she didn’t go to the Milongas very often, so I was forced to learn the art of Cabeceo.

Friday, 05 December 2014

Tips For A Merry Christmas in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U]
When we hear the word Christmas, we think of sparkling lights, decorative Christmas trees, the green and red colour combination and Christmas music everywhere. If this is your image of Christmas then get ready to be surprised by Christmas in Buenos Aires! First, picture your typical Christmas atmosphere, and then add about 40 degrees. This is because Buenos Aires in December becomes an urban savannah ...

Emma Watson is in Buenos Aires. Find Her. Now.[The Bubble]
Take a deep breath and try not to freak out, but Emma Watson is in Argentina. Turns out that Hermione Granger herself, who was also appointed UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, is in Buenos Aires shooting a film that according to exclusive sources (IMDB) is called Colonia Dignidad, a German drama about the Chilean military coup of 1973. We don’t care why, if the film takes place in Chile, it’s being shot in Buenos Aires. Nor do we care to find out. All we know is that Emma Watson is filming in San Telmo ...

Inside the Buenos Aires Bureaucracy[Southern Cone Travel]
Last month, I posted a photograph on my Facebook page of homeless people sleeping in the alcove behind the Ministerio de Economía (Economy Ministry) in downtown Buenos Aires. I regret having to admit that I misidentified the building in question, as this alcove on the block of Moreno Street between Defensa and Balcarce is really part of the Administration Federal de Ingresos Públicos (AFIP)...

Pope Francis Movie[Latin Times]
The feature film based on Elisabetta Pique's book Francisco: Vida y Revolución will be interpreted by one of the most celebrated actors in Argentina, Darío Grandinetti. The film was written and will be directed by Beda Docampo Feijoo, known for ...

Congress Approves New Criminal Procedure Code[The Argentina Independent]
Legislators approve a new Criminal Procedure Code after a lengthy debate last night.The Chamber of Deputies sanctioned the reforms with 130 votes in favour, compared to 99 votes against and two abstentions. It had already been approved by the Senate. The new code establishes an accusatory system, where prosecutors lead criminal investigations and judges rule on them ...

Ode to a Decent Sandwich[SaltShaker]
Actually, Im not a poet, so no ode. But, I do love a good sandwich, and as many of you know, Ive spent quite a bit of time out searching for the best of the best here in Buenos Aires. And Ive found some delicious sandwiches. But. Even the best of them have been, lets say, a bit short in the creativity department. What Id really love to find is someone taking much more unusual ingredients and making them into a sandwich, something, well, different. Something more elaborate.

Thursday, 04 December 2014

SUBE card system to be extended across country[Buenos Aires Herald]
According to the decision, capital cities and those with more than 200 thousands inhabitants will be the first to start installing the SUBE system or adapting the ones currently in use.

Cai Guoqiang brings explosive art to Argentina[CCTV]
Chinese contemporary artist, Cai Guoqiang, famous for his art created with explosives, is preparing for an upcoming exhibition in the Proa Foundation in Buenos Aires, Argentina opening on December 13th. With the involvement of a few dozen Argentine art...

Porteño Burger Boom: Where To Eat Burgers in Buenos Aires[The Real Argentina]
Burgers aren’t a food trend, they’re a lifestyle. It’s a scientific fact that eating an awesome burger will make you happy, and luckily within the past two years, Buenos Aires has followed in many major city’s food scene footprints by opening burger dens devoted to the beef patty, bun, sauce, and topping way of life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back