Daily Url - Sep 11Th

webteam

Administrator
Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Boca Juniors vs River Plate: Why is the Superclasico so Popular?[LandingPadBA]
To put it simply, the Superclasico, the match played twice per year between Argentina's biggest clubs, Boca Juniors and River Plate, is a very special sports event; with emphasis on the word 'event'.

Gallery Nights September 2013[BA Travel Guide]
Gallery Nights is the original circuit for art lovers around more than 60 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers, organized by the art magazine Arte al Día, AdnCultura (La Nacion...

Braniff's "Beautiful Buenos Aires," in the 1950s[Southern Cone Travel]
More than 30 years ago, the first time I ever went to Buenos Aires, I flew from Santiago with the now defunct Braniff. That was barely a year before the company closed in 1982 but, at one time, Braniff was a prestige airline that...

Argentine Talents: Alfonsina Storni[Inside Buenos Aires]
lfonsina Storni is one of the most renowned poets of the Modernist period, and although she was born in Switzerland, since she moved to Argentina at a young age and developed a local...

Monday, 09 September 2013

Justice to Investigate Participation of Foreign Banks in Dictatorship[The Argentina Independent]
The Argentine justice will investigate the responsibility of two international banks in the financing of the last military dictatorship.

Ox: Argentine Food Might Be Better In Portland[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
I hadn’t been in a taxi since I’d left Argentina. I also hadn’t seen a parrilla, or eaten an empanada, or seen Tatiana since I’d …

Friday, 06 September 2013

On This Day in… 1930: Argentina’s First Military Coup[The Argentina Independent]
Continuing the series looking at key moments in Argentine history, Marc Rogers revisits the 1930 coup, a precedent for military intervention in politics that would undermine democracy for the...

What’s Up with Argentine Fashion[Encounter Argentina]
What is up with Argentine fashion, indeed. Before I even get into this, I want to say, as a disclaimer, that this isn’t an evaluation of Argentine fashion as a whole. Generalizations are dangerous,...

Thursday, 05 September 2013

New Exhibits at the MAMBA and MACBA[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Andreanna Moya Photography) The MAMBA and MACBA are two neighboring art museums in San Telmo, one dedicated to contemporary art and the other to modern art. Both have recently inaugurated...

Wednesday, 04 September 2013

Galerías Pacífico Shopping Mall[BuenosTours]
Constructed in the 1890's as an elegant home to a Parisian department store, the Galerías Pacífico in Buenos Aires is a grand shopping mall whose history is entwined with that of the city itself.

Argentine Talents: José Larralde[Inside Buenos Aires]
Argentine folklore is characterized for its poetic representation of the land and the local people. Talented songwriters and singers have helped to configure the identity of indigenes and gauchos,...

Tuesday, 03 September 2013

Visual Baires, From Palermo to La Boca[Southern Cone Travel]
Over the weekend, I received an unexpected email from my nephew Juan Massolo, whose first public exhibition of photographs will go on display tonight (Tuesday, September 3) in the Buenos Aires barrio of Palermo. ...

Habemus Biopic: One Pope Movie Coming Right Up[Filming in Argentina]
By contributing blogger Benjamín Harguindey Argentine filmmaker Alejandro Agresti announced on Monday that he’ll be helming a biopic on Pope Francis, up until March 13th Cardinal Jorge Mario...

Monday, 02 September 2013

Buenos Aires Secret Spots: Paseo la Plaza[Buenos Aires 4U]
With restaurants, bars, shops and theatres, Paseo la Plaza has it all, plus a Beatles museum too! One of the top Buenos Aires secret spots, Paseo la Plaza is hidden inside a regular-looking city...

Sunday, 01 September 2013

Parque de la Costa[Наши Путешествия]
When you go to an amusement area you are provided with 4 types of packages with roundabouts, called Pasaporte (Promo, Plus, Oro, Oro Vip) promo package include all carousels for children, plus-...

Centro Сultural Recoleta[Наши Путешествия]
Centro Cultural Recoleta is located in the Recoleta area and close to the Recoleta cemetery. There are always various exhibitions of paintings, sculptures, photographs, and more. Exhibitions...

Wines and Wineries' Fair "Vinos & Bodegas 2013"[BA Travel Guide]
The expo "Vinos y Bodegas 2013" (Wines and Wineries, 2013 Edition), will take place from November 13th to November 15th, 2013, at La Rural Exhibition Center.The most important Fair for the Wine...

If You Know Where to Look 2 – Ethnic food[The 5th Floor]
If there is one thing London can provide, it is a panoply of asian and oriental food. New York even more so. Buenos Aires, not at all so some would have you believe. Can this really be true? Of...

Saturday, 31 August 2013

Soo Yankee – You Can’t Pronounce Doble Ere[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in RandomnessCheck out this great new video from Tensixties, an indie rock band based in Buenos Aires – Buenos Aires del punto de vista de los Gringos: While you’re at it, check out their...

Yayoi Kusama exhibition MALBA[Наши Путешествия]
Yesterday we went to the popular exhibition of the Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama. The exhibition is held at the Museum of Latin American Art – MALBA ( 30 June -16 September). A little about the...

Friday, 30 August 2013

Chistes, Chistes![Encounter Argentina]
I have a bad habit of making up my own jokes in English, usually of the question-and-answer or knock-knock variety. My friends practically groan in unison. What’s worse is that, when I think one is...

Mendoza, Argentina: The Ultimate Guide[Gringo in BA]
The Mendoza province sits in the western-central region of Argentina, just over 600 miles (1,000 kilometers) west of Buenos Aires. The province shares a border with the provinces of San Juan, San...

Argentine Talents: Nazareno Orlandi[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Guillermo Tomoyose) Born in Italy 1861 and later nationalized as an Argentine, Nazareno Orlandi was both a prolific painter and muralist. He studied in Florence and was commissioned by the...

Thursday, 29 August 2013

Condé Nast Condescends? Slumming in Argentine Patagonia[Southern Cone Travel]
In the mid-1970s, when I first traveled to South America, I was a budget backpacker, seeking out bargains for beds and meals along the so-called “Gringo Trail” that started in Mexico and ended at the tip of Tierra del Fuego. ...

Protesting[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]

Seventh, your by-the-book thriller[Filming in Argentina]
By contributing blogger Benjamín Harguindey Catalan filmmaker Patxi Amezcua makes his Argentine debut with Seventh (Séptimo, 2013), his second movie, an Argentine-Spanish co-production and vehicle...

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Most Ignored Sign In Argentina?[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingWhy does this sign even exist? I can guarantee that not one person pays attention to it…The post Most Ignored Sign In Argentina? appeared first on Discover Buenos Aires.No related...

Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Buenos Aires through Artists’ Eyes[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by soyalexreyes.com) Fundación PROA in La Boca recently inaugurated a new exhibit featuring different representations of Buenos Aires as seen through artists’ eyes. The showcase, which...

Monday, 26 August 2013

So, You Just Bought a 1-Way Ticket to Buenos Aires?[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Hi Vivi, I am a 22 year old, recent college-grad who just booked a one way ticket to Buenos Aires. I am reaching out to …

Sunday, 25 August 2013

Iguazú Falls, Argentina: The Ultimate Guide[Gringo in BA]
Situated in the north easternmost corner of Argentina in the province of Misiones and spilling across the border to Brazil is the spectacular Iguazú Falls. Also known as Iguassu Falls and Iguacu...

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Buenos Aires Street Art video of Martin Ron mural in Villa Urquiza[BA Street Art]
Buenos Aires Street Art is proud to publish the official video about the Villa Urquiza Art District project and the spectacular new mural by Argentine artist Martin Ron. The mural painted by Martin...

Friday, 23 August 2013

International Piano Festival "Chopiniana 2013"[BA Travel Guide]
The Festival Chopiniana 2013, organized by Fundación Chopiniana de Buenos Aires, will consist o a series of piano recitals that will take place between August and October 2013 at Palacio Paz, Av....

Fee For Overstaying Argentina Tourist Visa Must Be Paid In Advance[Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in TravelArgentina grants visitors a 90-day tourist visa. If you want to “legally” stay beyond that time, you may go to the immigration office and pay $300 pesos for a one-time 90 day...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back