De-Register Dni Extranjero

lexilein

Registered
Hello everybody,

I just learned that once you move out of Argentina you will need to de-register your dni as otherwise you keep a residency over there. For some reason I wish to have things in order and de-register my dni extranjero. how and where can I do that? I would appreciate any help!

cheers,
lexi

I'm in NY right now and I called the Argentine consultant two times and got two different answers. I was told the second time I would have to re-register my DNI. The third time I called I was told that you only re-register your DNI if you have the old booklet, and that if you have the new DNI card, then it's not necessary. I was also told that you need to visit Argentina once every two years in order to retain permanent residency. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten a different answer about re-registering your DNI, or has heard otherwise.

Its Argentina, but there must be one official answer somehow, no? Whom to ask Renaper or migraciones?

Does someone hold the link where to look up your dni on the internet? Thanks!!

Wait, really? What happens if one leaves and maintains one's residency here? Not that I plan on leaving anytime soon - but I can imagine that if and/or when I leave, I'd be too lazy to have to deal with more tramites...

Its Argentina, but there must be one official answer somehow, no? Whom to ask Renaper or migraciones?

Since a DNI is based on residency I think migraciones would be the ones to ask, and the question should be "How do I terminate my permanent residency?"

Temporary residency always expires in less than a year so there's no need to do anything if that's what "brasil" has.

As Steve said, if it's temporary, it will simply expire.
If it's permanent, I have absolutely no idea. Good question.

Apparently you do not "de-register" your DNI. If you have the old one, it has expired and you need to get the new plastic card. If you moved out and you are not living in Argentina for over two years, your permanent residency is cancelled according to section 62, paragraph c) of National Law 25871 and exec. order 616/2010, art 62.

Back