December Meeting:monday, 30 Of December. 7:00

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings readers. Because all the holidays fall on Wednesdays this month, our December meeting will beMONDAY the 30. We will be reading Cormack McCarthys "Cities of the Plains", which has been widely acclaimed by both readers and professional reviewers. It is 350 pages and widely available in downloadable form.
Our last choice, "The Motorcycle Diaries" found us following the travels of two young Argentines, as they set off on a road trip through South America in the fifties..this time we find ourselves in the same era, the fifties, but in and around the southern borders towns of the US from the perspective of two close friends (cowboys) who are profoundly impacted by the changing socio-economic and political environments surrounding them individually.
All interested forum members are welcome to join us in our discussion of this book. Our last meeting was a fascinating,informative and lively discussion of the Che Guevarra book. Many thanks to those who attended! For more details about the meeting please PM me.

Hi readers! Just a quick reminder that we will be discussing Cormac McCarthy's "Cities of the Plains" at our December meeting, MONDAY (because of holiday conflicts) the 30 of December, 7:00pm at my place in Recoleta. Anyone want to add an end of the year pot luck dinner to the meeting??
All are welcome. Please advise me if you plan on coming, and let me know if you want to turn this into a pot luck dinner ather the book discussion.

Hi Alicia,
I will come but not too keen on a potluck dinner. I think snacks and drinks is better. Might bring bottle(s) of wine to celebrate the end of the year, if you think that would be OK? See you soon, Sarah

Wine will be fine. But we will be having a potluck dinner immediately following the meeting. One of our new members offered to bring home made curries! YUM! :) I'll be making Szchuan sesame noodles. I'll count you in on the wines. Thanks!

Back