Degree Equivalency

kat

Registered
Has anyone successfully gone through the process of getting equivalency from UBA for a bachelor´s and master´s degree from the US? I am trying to figure out the process - ie: where at UBA I need to go, and what I need to bring with me. I have my transcripts from the states apostilled and officially translated- my BA is in psychology and my MA is in counseling. Anyone know how the process works? Gracias!

I got two BA degrees (Philosophy and Graphic Design) from respectable European and American universities and had no luck when I needed to do equivalency for a Spanish Language and Literature postgrad

I was at one time planning on studying here, but I did end up giving up many years ago so I might be a little lost.

What do you wish to legalize your degree for - to exercise your profession or for further studies?

For further studies I'm pretty sure it's just some trámites in the ministerio de educación (I don't know how complicated they are - I was trying to "revalidar" my high school studies, which I abandoned as they would not legalize them without my first taking 6 high school subjects...)

For exercising your profession, I don't know much about the process, I'm sorry I can't help you there, but be prepared for some paperwork, probably a bit of a waiting period, and from what I've heard, you will probably have to pay a good chunk of money (this is just from anecdotal evidence). (Oops, forgot to mention, that I imagine this is what you're trying to do, as you mention doing it through the UBA, which would be the place to go in this case)

Maybe this page will help: http://www.me.gov.ar/spu/dngu/html/dngu_-_estudiantes_extranjeros.html

Looks like it depends on where you got your degrees from and if Argentina has a "convenio" with that country~! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the responses! I have my master´s from the States, and I want to be able to practice here. And while I know the city is inundated with therapists, I figure that there are still people looking for a native English speaker with an eclectic counseling background (including cognitive behavioral) vs all the "psychoanalysis" that seems to be prominent here. First things first, I need to try to get through the hoops of having the degrees validated by UBA. If I survive the UBA equivalency process, I will post what was required for anyone else interested in getting their degrees validated.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Back