Delta Airline or Air Canada ?

thomas-french

Registered
I know that some US airlines are good some others less. As I don't know them and i have a choice for the same price, which one would you advise me between those two ? thanks

of all the airlines in the world, these two happen to be my absolutely least favorite airlines. i hate them both. sorry, i guess this doesn't help.....

dated April 13th:
CTVNews.ca
Air Canada expects to resume its full flight schedule after the Canada Industrial Relations Board deemed that pilots calling in sick Friday were engaging in an illegal strike.
Thousands of Air Canada travellers scrambled to find alternate flights as the action by a small group of pilots caused dozens of cancelled flights at Canada's largest airports.
Air Canada spokesman Peter Fitzpatrick said some 60 flights out of 660 mainline flights were affected by the action.
According to a statement issued by the air carrier, the Canada Industrial Relations Board on Friday, at Air Canada's request, granted an order declaring the pilots were participating in an illegal strike.
The order also called on the pilots to return to work and on the Air Canada Pilots Association to take all reasonable steps to bring an end the strike.
Fitzpatrick could not comment on whether the company would take disciplinary action against the pilots.
More than two dozen Air Canada flights out of Toronto's Pearson Airport were cancelled on Friday. A handful of flights out of Montreal's Trudeau International Airport had also been cancelled or delayed Friday morning.
...............It was the third time in a month that the airliner has had to cancel flights because of labour unrest.
The airline also cancelled flights March 18 amid runway problems at Pearson airport and pilots called-in sick. A week later, ground workers and baggage handlers held a wildcat strike after three employees were suspended for heckling Labour Minister Lisa Raitt.
The federal government has intervened in several Air Canada labour disputes, recently banning the company and its pilots and mechanics unions from disrupting service over bitter contract talks.

Thomas,

J'ai toujours préféré voyager avec Air Canada que voyager avec une ligne américaine, estimant que, malgré ce que pensent les Canadiens envers leur transporteur national, que la qualité du service est tout de même, en général, mieux qu'avec les compagnies américaines.

De plus, en général, le trajet est normalement plus court avec de meilleures correspondances à Toronto, à destination de Montréal.

Par contre, la dernière fois que je suis allé en Argentine au mois d'octobre dernier, la menace de grève des agents de bord a vraiment chambardé mon voyage.

Et maintenant , il y a toujours des conflits de travail non réglés comme le fait état l'article de CTV.

Si tu décides d'acheter un billet avec Air Canada, il ne faut pas oublier de s'inscrire à leur programme de fidélisation pour accumuler (en aller-retour entre le Canada et l'Argentine) assez de points pour un vol aller-retour régional au Canada.

i always fly Air canada back to Toronto. it's sometimes a little bit more expensive but they have newish planes, and although it says 'direct", please be aware it is not "non-stop" and goes through Santiago in Chile. it's a fast disembark and re-board back on the same plane.

one of the reasons i prefer it is because you avoid US customs and security completely. whenever I have to fly through the US from an international destination (on my Canadian passport) it still takes forever to go through the hassle.

just my thoughts.....

Agree...
( to be able to post I have to extend this message by ten characters... Done!)

Thomas,
Just a thought, check out orbitz.com and book from 'BUE' not EZE, and you sometimes will find cheaper fares via Santiago or ?, often involving Air Canada + Delta or American or United. Lately United/Continental have had the worst service per customer satisfaction surveys. I have been pleasantly surprised over the last year with Delta's service, especially with their Economy+ seats (+US$120 each way), much better IMO than LAN, American, United.
Jim

Back