Demands ring out as divided Peronism marks Loyalty Day

In a speech that fiercely criticised former president Mauricio Macri, who succeeded his mother in power, Kirchner called on the president to deliver “a fixed sum to get us out of the stranglehold."

"We have a debt of 44 billion dollars with the IMF and the debt with private creditors. Have you seen that debt in the neighbourhoods, have you seen it in better hospitals, better schools, police cars? There was nothing, they have left us an unpayable bill in the way it is organised," complained the Frente de Todos lawmaker.

What happens when you run out of other people's money.

What happens when you run out of other people's money.
Is anyone denying that it was other people's money? I understand the argument here is that other people's (the IMF's) money was borrowed, and rather than being invested in the "better hospitals, better schools, police cars" mentioned, it all flowed straight back out of Argentina, no doubt greasing a few grubby palms on the way, and Argentina still has to pay for the borrowed money plus interest with no investment to show for it.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Peronist infighting; the CGT is pissed, the Ks/Campora are pissed, the Massistas are pissed, nobody is happy and they're all saying it's the other's fault.

With 100% inflation I can't imagine a world in which Alberto gets re-elected, let alone one in which the Peronists are at each other's throats.

Kirchner called on the president to deliver “a fixed sum to get us out of the stranglehold."
just goes to show how these people fail to understand how they got here in the first place

Is anyone denying that it was other people's money? I understand the argument here is that other people's (the IMF's) money was borrowed, and rather than being invested in the "better hospitals, better schools, police cars" mentioned, it all flowed straight back out of Argentina, no doubt greasing a few grubby palms on the way, and Argentina still has to pay for the borrowed money plus interest with no investment to show for it.
One thing you can be sure of with pick pocket politics. The politicians who run the scam are always going to get theirs first.

Back