Denied Exit?

In all my experiences of flying out of Ezeiza,every one of the check in staff spoke perfectly good english..go figure

I got married earlier this year, but haven't had the time to deal with the residency paperwork yet. So, I overstayed my tourist visa. Yes, shame on me. When I get back, I will be finding the time to deal with it.

The point of this post: On Tuesday night, I flew to the United States (Greetings from the USA, everyone!), and therefore, I had to pay the fine for overstaying the tourist visa. It was $300 pesos, and it was all relatively easy. I had no problems going through the immigration control.

so where exactly do you pay the fine, do you wait until they tell you, or can you just go to a place and pay. Is it necessary to arrive earlier then normal (2h)?

Nicole_Ramirez said:
no, my situation is completely different. I am married to an Argentine. We aren't on tourist visas and we were going to Houston. It got too complicated. MY original comment was basically saying that if we handed him a $100 he would of stopped being an ass up in immigration and we would have been on our flight. They lied about not having access to the records in the computer to see that our children were ours because the next morning he went and tralked to the next person on shift and they went right to the computer and looked it up and no problem at all.
The girl at the immigration desk got mad because who the hell knows. I don't always understand the people here. They seem to do as they please instead of having everyone follow the same rules. Oh well.

If you "aren't here on tourist visas" it simply isn't possible to pay an overstay fine so that was never really a possibility.

This is the first time you brought up the fact that you were traveling with children and there was a problem with the computer or that anyone "lied" about not having access to the records in the computer to see that (y)our children were (y)ours.

If that is why you were denied boarding it had nothing to do with an overstay. I can understand why the girl at migraciones wouldn't let you pay an overstay fee and I wonder how you can be so sure "they" were lying about not having computer access at the moment they tried to access your information.

Did you have the "appropriate documents" for the children with you? If so, wouldn't they have been sufficient to allow boarding? As syngirl noted, it's really difficult for those of us reading your story to understand what happened unless you explain it without omitting important details.

I find it very frightening that a $100 bribe would allow anyone to leave the country with children...without the proper documentation or verification of their data. If you are sure a bribe would have allowed it to happen I think your story should be told on Argentina media, but since you didn't pay there isn't a story worthy of national attention...this time.

steveinbsas said:
If you "aren't here on tourist visas" it simply isn't possible to pay an overstay fine so that was never really a possibility.

This is the first time you brought up the fact that you were traveling with children and there was a problem with the computer or that anyone "lied" about not having access to the records in the computer to see that (y)our children were (y)ours.

If that is why you were denied boarding it had nothing to do with an overstay. I can understand why the girl at migraciones wouldn't let you pay an overstay fee and I wonder how you can be so sure "they" were lying about not having computer access at the moment they tried to access your information.

Did you have the "appropriate documents" for the children with you? If so, wouldn't they have been sufficient to allow boarding? As syngirl noted, it's really difficult for those of us reading your story to understand what happened unless you explain it without omitting important details.

I find it very frightening that a $100 bribe would allow anyone to leave the country with children...without the proper documentation or verification of their data. If you are sure a bribe would have allowed it to happen I think your story should be told on Argentina media, but since you didn't pay there isn't a story worthy of national attention...this time.

All I was trying to do was agree with the person that said they wanted bribes, I wasn't trying to explain my story at all, that's why you don't have the details of my ridiculous experience. I wasn't trying to do anything wrong. Americans do not need to travel with a birth certificate for their children. The passport is sufficient. They became resident of Argentina right before we traveled and the day before we left IMMIGRATION informed us all we needed was their paperwork showing that their DNI's were on the way. So after driving 18 hours from Bariloche for immigration to give us a problem turned into a complete nightmare. And yes I know they were lying when they said they didn't keep our information in the computers because the guy in charge the next morning said that they should have looked it up and yes it told them who my children were. Again, all I was doing in my original post was say I agreed with the bribe thing. MY husband is from here and knows they pull crap all the time. Yes they do want bribes.

katti said:
so where exactly do you pay the fine, do you wait until they tell you, or can you just go to a place and pay. Is it necessary to arrive earlier then normal (2h)?

I would go 3 hours early. Besides having to pay the fine, the line to go through immigration is long.

I found Argentine immigration really easy to deal with given you're a Yankee, Canuck, Euro, Aussie

I would go 3 hours early. Besides having to pay the fine, the line to go through immigration is long.

I have a 9pm flight tomorrow and I know i will have to pay the fine... \I was thinking that to deal with the fine i should get there around 6pm... but now I am worried that the bank will be closed... should I plan on being at the airport even earlier?

I overstayed my visa and want to renew it now. If I go over to colonia for the day and pay the overstay fee will I have any problems coming back into argentina if i do it all same day or within two days?

Something similar happened to my wife, when we were departing EZE. No problem at check in, but upstairs at immigration they noted her Argentine passport had a five year expiration unless outside of Argentina. She would have had to go to renew the passport before leaving. She handed the official $20 US on the spot so she could board the aircraft. Since then she has entered Argentina on her Argentine Passport, and left using her U.S. passport, nobody ever questioned this process (yet) but I think some immigration officials would like a bribe.

My Argentine-born wife enters and leaves on her US passport, in fact she just let her Argentine passport expire, and for some reason they don't even attempt to collect the retaliation fee from her.

Back