Deteriorating relations with the US

There will always be other people *ahem (cough)* Portenos who will envy the 3:1 exchange. C'mon let us face it, what does it really do to ones morale that one's country has an exchange rate of 3 argentinian peso for every freakin' dollar? Makes you look impotent to give it a name. I do not see the USA economy as totally collapsing tomorrow. And last time I checked my Starbuck's stock was up before it closed Friday. So what is the big deal. You have your cross to bear and I have mine. Deal with it. This is not a popularity contest, unless people make it so. Economy is bad in the US, right now but if one's stock portfolio is diversified, this is the best time yet. The US economy It is self-correcting, just like any beleagured economy that had enjoyed some happy moments with a lot of splendour in the last say 35 years or so...but let us face it the market power that the US has is not be ever globally ignored.
Some European businesses are coming to the US before of the weak dollar, that means more foreign business are coming in and giving work and stimulating the economy. It is so stimulated in the last few months that I can hear one big climax coming!
Sad to say that some Portenos do not ever get it, USA will always be a super power, its dollar power may have diminished in the last 2 years but unless one's economy dictates the world's business in a big way like the US and US dollar does - I say SHUT UP or PUT UP!
It is so funny the Vietnam was mentioned, because my guess is, either this person was not born during that war or does not know anyone whose name appears on the Vietnam War memorial. Leave that alone.

I think it will be proven that the Kirchners are as guilty as they come. US citizens have nothing to feel guilty about. I suggest argentines begin looking to their own affairs. So many bribes, corruption and stealing of public funds. no one gets punished. if shes guilty, i think she should be thrown out of office asap. get your botox vials and get out!

Mr Wells, People who go to the Buenos Aires Cricket and Rugby Club are not exactly typical Portenos! You're mixing with some of the most socially elite people in the country who are sure to be friendly to Americans.

G. It was I, AKA runner, that mentioned Vietnam. For your information I was born four months before the bombing of Pear harbor. How many names do I know of that are on the Vietnam Memorial? I really don't know the exact number. How many funeral have I atteneded for those who came back in a box? I don't want to remember. I remember one funeral I did not attend. Corky Maldonado. I knew him since birth. I remember him at the send off party for him, he in his neatly pressed uniform. Less the two months he was back home. He was buried with military honors. At the risk of speculating who you are. G. how many Iraq war dead do you know? Maybe they didn't attend the college you did. Have you visited your local Army recruiter lately?
I Quote you. "
"Sad to say that some Portenos do not ever get it, USA will always be a super power, its dollar power may have diminished in the last 2 years but unless one's economy dictates the world's business in a big way like the US and US dollar does - I say SHUT UP or PUT UP! "
China and Japan has the U.S. by the balls. What would happen to the U.S econmy if China called in the Dollar. G. I would buy gold, what will Starbucks be when the chickens come home to roost. Maybe you know of some supply side economist that invented a perpetural motion machine. Was it Dick Chenney that said defficits don't matter?
Just a matter of world opinion: The U.S and Israel are the greatest threat to world peace. Have you ever seen films of U.S helicoptors over the U.S embassy in Saigon?
DQ

donq, I too come from a family that was badly scarred by the Vietnam war. Being a born American NOT naturalized, the Vietnam war is almost a member of this family that shows its ugly head everytime someone mentions it at the dinner table. That is why we choose to remember that war as a dead relative and only those who have a person connection (blood) we tolerate to listen rant and rave about THAT war. You cannot begin to imagine what effect that war continues to have to a family who lives and breathes who could never let the ghost of Vietnam die, family gatherings are a bitch. This war is over but it continues to divide a lot of people in this family. You have buried your friends at the War Memorial, we live and breath it still. That is why I requested to let that be. That being said - I think those that choose to go outside of USA choose to represent themselves not America.
The distinction has to be made.

"G" said:
There will always be other people *ahem (cough)* Portenos who will envy the 3:1 exchange. C'mon let us face it, what does it really do to ones morale that one's country has an exchange rate of 3 argentinian peso for every freakin' dollar? Makes you look impotent to give it a name. I do not see the USA economy as totally collapsing tomorrow. And last time I checked my Starbuck's stock was up before it closed Friday. So what is the big deal. You have your cross to bear and I have mine. Deal with it. This is not a popularity contest, unless people make it so. Economy is bad in the US, right now but if one's stock portfolio is diversified, this is the best time yet. The US economy It is self-correcting, just like any beleagured economy that had enjoyed some happy moments with a lot of splendour in the last say 35 years or so...but let us face it the market power that the US has is not be ever globally ignored.
Some European businesses are coming to the US before of the weak dollar, that means more foreign business are coming in and giving work and stimulating the economy. It is so stimulated in the last few months that I can hear one big climax coming!
Sad to say that some Portenos do not ever get it, USA will always be a super power, its dollar power may have diminished in the last 2 years but unless one's economy dictates the world's business in a big way like the US and US dollar does - I say SHUT UP or PUT UP!
It is so funny the Vietnam was mentioned, because my guess is, either this person was not born during that war or does not know anyone whose name appears on the Vietnam War memorial. Leave that alone.
Thanks for your answer. It illustrates why SOME Americans are disliked around the world (and particularly in Argentina). People like yourself, are the reason, why there would be hostility in the first place.

The 3:1 exchange has been beneficial to the Argentine economy, and by the way, is probably the reason why came down here. So you could live off the dividends of your Starbuck stock (jajaj I can’t believe you wrote something like that, siento verguenza ajena jaja).

By the way those who criticize Castro, I suggest they read history books and check up on the U.S. role in the history of Cuba (Batista, etc.). Or any other country of Latin America for that matter.

G, I like the attitude. Porteno jealousy is out with avengeance here I see. Those that do not have, envy those that have - and it turns them green. TatanBsAs - green looks very good on you. It is your color.
Castro is dying who cares about him. US sanctions not to help Cuba is his fault.

"sergio" said:
Mr Wells, People who go to the Buenos Aires Cricket and Rugby Club are not exactly typical Portenos! You're mixing with some of the most socially elite people in the country who are sure to be friendly to Americans.
well Sergio, sorry. i was only relaying MY experience in Argentina.

"Matty" said:
G, I like the attitude. Porteno jealousy is out with avengeance here I see. Those that do not have, envy those that have - and it turns them green. TatanBsAs - green looks very good on you. It is your color.
Castro is dying who cares about him. US sanctions not to help Cuba is his fault.
envious of what? Having to live in a country different than my own and bit...ing about it? Don ´t think so.
And for the record you are in Argentina..I am not in your country. That pretty much speaks by itself. Moving to a country and then bit...ing and moaning about is just plain stupid.
Regarding Castro, you did not understand what I said.

You did not "say" anything about Castro. You referred to him...you did not SAY anything about him. You have to quantify your statement.
I can sense that I get on your nerves. :) Love the fact that I get a rouse out of you. Just love crawling under your skin and getting you all riled up. And just for kicks, I am in BsAs for kicks. Say "Aargh", c'mon be a good boy and do it!!

Back