Digital Argentine Number?

SecretShopper

Registered
Is there an app I can use to get a digital Argentine phone number. Although I have an extra phone I'd rather have everything connected to 1 phone. And I don't plan on changing anything with my current phone setup. If not, and I must activate the other phone, what is the best provider? I only care about data speeds.

Is there an app I can use to get a digital Argentine phone number.
All 3 major providers support esim, if that's what you are asking. You need to have a phone with esim support, naturally. Regarding mobile data, Personal is usually praised for data speeds, and Claro for best bang for the buck.

Swapping between e-sim and physical sim is such a chore. i never got it figured out and workign well with android and never tried with iphone. Its not like you have both active at the same time.

If you want an active US number a cheap flip phone might be best since you wont ever have to charge it or worry about the screen as much.

My US numbers will always be my main numbers. They work worldwide and I'm not changing that. I just need an Argentine number for certain. I guess I'm better off just activating the second phone. It's not like I ever intend to use it lol. And I believe all trámites work by email even when they have your number.

Swapping between e-sim and physical sim is such a chore. i never got it figured out and workign well with android and never tried with iphone. Its not like you have both active at the same time.

this depends on phone.
All my iphones supported both SIM and eSIM active at the same time.
They even can use cellular data from both SIM and eSIM switching automatically based on coverage/availability.

So much here is done by whatsapp anyways. it only helps ot have a local phone number so you don't get ripped off.

I'm better off just activating the second phone

I ended up having separate second phone for Argentina because some apps are country limited.
And Apple or Google accounts are tied to certain country. Need 2 accounts if need 2 countries.

I ended up having separate second phone for Argentina because some apps are country limited.
And Apple or Google accounts are tied to certain country. Need 2 accounts if need 2 countries.
Yes, but you can have 2 accounts on the same phone.

i have maintained my US number while living here for almost 5 years and used it for everything locally. it has never been an issue up to now.

Yeah I've been using my numbers for 3 years outside the US without problem. Maybe it's because I'd every now and then go back for a couple weeks.

Back