Dingy Whites/Hard Water

nledec

Registered
All of our whites, from socks to sheets, have become a rather dingy gray since moving to Baires. I have a really good washing machine, and I use good detergents (I think!) plus whitening agents (bleach or Skip powder). I'm assuming the problem therefore comes from having hard water???

Has anyone else had this problem, and do you have any advice for me?

Thanks!

Yeah my stuff's all grey too....dont' know why the dirt is so hard to shift. Even if I put loads of bleach in with the wash...

The water here is not pristine mountain water it´s actually recyled and purified from Buenos Aire's very own Rio de la Plata. However it's VERY pure and clean. I've never had a problem with whites or any laundry for that matter. Years ago I lived outside of Billings, Montana, and had very hard well water. Apart from a water softener, I was told to always add salt and baking soda to the wash and it did make a difference in the cleanliness and freshness of the clothes. Maybe try that.......

Hello
I have tons of white to wash and I use Skip Perfect White, (when washing whites of course not withe dark clothes) put the clothes to soak for a while and then in the washer for the first time at least, for me results are really fantastic.
Reina

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Expat Life 10
J Expat Life 2
C Expat Life 24
Back