Direccion Nacional De Migraciones

Travelbug0601

Registered
What is the address of direccion nacional de migraciones in Buenos Aires? I've found a couple online and not sure which location is accurate or best to go to.

AFAIK Sede Central:[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] Av. Antártida Argentina 1355 | C1104ACA Buenos Aires [/background][email protected]

That's close to Centro Postal Internacional

Might depend which "tramite" you're interested in

If you're getting the DNI for foreigners, it's the other one you need to go to. Hypolito Irigoyen 952.
http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?mostrar_novedad=1642

Unless things have changed, you get that done at the one Frenchie posted, Antartida Argentina.

I actually only want to extend my tourist visa.

So that's a bad idea since you'll get an "ultima proroga" at Migraciones (there are quite many threads about that).
Better go to Colonia (or Carmelo, through Tigre, if you like something different = recommended).

So that's a bad idea if you want to stay here for more than 3 more months since you'll get an "ultima proroga" at Migraciones (there are quite many threads about that).
Better go to Colonia (or Carmelo, through Tigre, if you like something different = recommended).

This can be an adventure. I went to the address listed
What is the address of direccion nacional de migraciones in Buenos Aires? I've found a couple online and not sure which location is accurate or best to go to.
AFAIK Sede Central: Av. Antártida Argentina 1355 | C1104ACA Buenos Aires[background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] [/background][email protected]

That's close to Centro Postal Internacional

Might depend which "tramite" you're interested in
I actually only want to extend my tourist visa.
So that's a bad idea since you'll get an "ultima proroga" at Migraciones (there are quite many threads about that).

1) It's totally confusing. But you can technically do it and stay "legal"... though Bajo_Cero might mention that you can't be "illegal".

2) "AFAIK Sede Central: Av. Antártida Argentina 1355 | C1104ACA Buenos Aires"
-This is really confusing because if you go to where Google Maps has "Av. Antártida Argentina 1355", you're going to find a building that has an address sign that says:
"Av. A.A. 1355"
"Av. A.A. 1855"

Literally the building has BOTH addresses on it. But it's really going to be "1855". You will then need to walk 5 blocks towards Puerto Madero to get to Av. A.A. 1355.

So if you take the Subte (or a bus) to Retiro, walk towards the massive cranes looming over the port.
Cross the train tracks.
Turn RIGHT on "Av. Antártida Argentina"
Then walk a few blocks and look for a big ol' ~1-2 story building on your LEFT. (Ask questions as you get close.)

3) I used to "renew" my passport and/or do a "visa run" to Uruguay, but now, because I'm in the process of a long-term solution (w/Bajo_Cero), so whenever I'm here over 3 months, I just let it expire and pay the fine at the airport.
-It costs the same as Renewing Your Visa.
-There's no "Ultima Perroga".
-It takes a FRACTION of the Time to do it! (Seriously, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes at EZE vs the hour+ from your apartment to finding "Inmagraciones", and then there's the 1 to 3 hours it will take IF you are lucky enough for everything to go smoothly. (HUGE "IF"!) This can easily take a half of a day. Not guaranteed, but not surprising either.

So my advice is to skip the process and pay the fine when you leave the country.

suerte y besos

;)

Back