Diversion Safe/Hidden Cash Containers in BA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sequoia1321

Registered
Where can I find for sale a hollowed out book for storing cash and other valuables in BA? Looked for the real hollowed out books, not the generic Walmart kinds that aren’t real books. Or is there a shop where I can take a book and they can custom make it for me? Would like to keep my valuables in a safer place while I’m at Airbnb and hotels.

I remember seeing them on mercadolibre a while ago

I remember seeing them on mercadolibre a while ago

Mercadolibre has several of them, fake boxes, fake books, safes, even fake electrical outlets you can install in the wall.
(I personally use a fireproof bag in addition to hiding my things, throw dollars, important docs, our passports, etc. in it too)

Hmm... a foreign tourist in an airbnb in Buenos Aires with but one book in the place... an “English Language Dictionary”? I’d hazard a guess and say most criminals who make the effort to burgle apartments have done their homework or have previous experience to be familiar with most of the tricks sold on mercadolibre....

Not sure if non-residents can get one due to reporting requirements, but maybe consider a safety deposit box at a bank (obviously don’t put your life savings in it but at least it diversifies your risk of loss... from home invasions anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back