Diversion Safe/Hidden Cash Containers in BA

Status
Not open for further replies.
... but maybe consider a safety deposit box at a bank ...
Have you ever tried to get a safety deposit box at a bank here? You need to have an account and probably a credit card before you can even be considered to be eligible to such a privilege.

Many hotels have safe deposit boxes in all rooms or at least at the reception.

Have you ever tried to get a safety deposit box at a bank here? You need to have an account and probably a credit card before you can even be considered to be eligible to such a privilege.

Many hotels have safe deposit boxes in all rooms or at least at the reception.
Yes that’s why I’m not sure if non-residents can get one due to the reporting requirements. Otherwise it’s just an annual fee and signing a big disclaimer form. (I remember something to do with an AFIP reporting requirement to say you have one and you also need to list it on your personal DDJJ with AFIP as if it were a bank account... which generally implies behind the scenes bureaucracy and being “habilitated” by BRCA to do/ have certain products, habilitations that usually come with residency as a starting point.)

Non-banks also offer the service here, such as INGOT. Nothing to do with having accounts or credit cards.

Partial answer to my own doubt ... it should be possible for anyone with just a CUIL inscription and DNI. It is not regulated by BRCA, just a contract between two private parties, so no “habilitation” needed. (You do still need to declare it, and AFIP or a court can still order an “embargo” of your box cutting off your access to it and potentially having it opened if you somehow get in their bad books.)

Worth checking out if it is a big concern and it would bring peace of mind.

How about you get a book and make your own?

Also, from my experiences with discussing burglary with my coworkers who have been burgled the thieves basically destroy everything in the house looking for money. And with so many argentines having money in their house there's only so many typical hiding spots.

One of my coworkers said they punched holes in his ceiling looking for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back