Do I have anything to fear in house spiders or other insects here?

Katser

Registered
Hi all!
I’m just wondering something.

The mosquitos seem to have gone down in numbers a bit but it seems there are a lot more other insects around.

Now where I’m from there are no dangerous insects excepts wasps or whatever but that’s not really dangerous just sore.

Is there anything to fear here? I saw this insane spider in my room the other day it looked like he had two giant teeth. Freaked me out and I’m not easily freaked.

I have a few bites that definitely aren’t mosquito related and I’m just wondering if there is anything I need to worry about?

If anyone has a link to any kind of website with descriptions of typical house spiders here or anything that would be great.

Oh thanks so much!
Can’t believe you knew what it was from such a vague description but that was him!!

I was worried about that when I came. Also when I was travelling up t'north but I never came across any. The only problem is damn cockroaches, sometimes they can get everywhere. But can't you eat cockroaches? They can't be that bad...

According to this, there are only three venemous spiders in Argentina, and only the Black Widow and the huge brown Loxosceles laeta (which I usually hear called "Araña del cuadro", because it likes to hide behind or under hidden places like picture frames) are present in BA or most of Argentina.

http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/1056189/Ara%C3%B1as-y-Escorpiones-peligrosos-en-Sta-Fe-y-Argentina.html

We are not talking about instant death, but can make you feel pretty foul. It also depends on the depth of the bite. They are not really common, but be careful when you clean in those dark places, I have seen a few of the huge brown jobbies around.

I've never heard of anyone being bitten by a spider. But the cockroaches are so large and daring that they can bring about heart failure.

My fiances sister was stung by a scorpion when she was younger. Apparently they are common in older homes and basements. Has anyone else heard about this?

NYKate said:
My fiances sister was stung by a scorpion when she was younger. Apparently they are common in older homes and basements. Has anyone else heard about this?
No not here in Argentina.I used to holiday on the Greek islands when I was living in the UK and it was common there,but here ???:eek:

Back