Votes: 2 3.9%
  • No pets for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other- explain in the comments

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters

webteam

Administrator
Buenos Aires is such a pet loving city, especially dogs. Are you a pet owner?

Well, I couldn't select more than one option so I selected other ;)

More than I can count. At home, we have 3 outdoor dogs (2 filas and a rescue dog) that live in the barn. One JRT that is a house dog. And 2 indoor cats and 5 outdoor cats. Plus many, many horses although those aren't "pets" per se as they're all for sale.

I feel like the only person in BA without one! Coming from Australia where most pets have a decent size backyard to roam, I am not convinced of the idea of having one in an apartment...but I do love them and am starting to give in to my girlfriends lobbying...

Came with my dog... died in 2 months here from an osteosarcoma (on the spine...).

I now have 5 and a half dogs and about 258 fleas.
The half dog is a dog from the street (de todos y de nadie) who comes every few days to spend the night here.

I feed about 8 other dogs too.

My dogs have a very big garden 24x100 meters so it's a kind of paradise for them.

That's so wonderful that you feed several other dogs French jurist. Both of our cats were picked up from the street (one as an adult and one as a kitten) and it really pains me to see the number of stray animals (some in pretty awful condition) here. For those animal lovers who are staying here semi-permanently or still aren't sure enough about remaining here to adopt an animal, there are a couple of organisations here that look for "temporary homes" for animals that are getting treatment, waiting to be adopted etc. I'd be happy to find out more info for anyone interested...

for dog lovers
421475_410916875618464_1169586934_n.jpg

citygirl said:
More than I can count. At home, we have 3 outdoor dogs (2 filas and a rescue dog) that live in the barn. One JRT that is a house dog. And 2 indoor cats and 5 outdoor cats. Plus many, many horses although those aren't "pets" per se as they're all for sale.

Can I live with you?

I brought my two 18 year old cats with me and am now getting ready to bring them back with me to the US, 1 1/2 years later....I was kinda thinking they might have retired to Cordoba by now but looks like they'll be making the return trip:)

There's a great animal rescue organization called Proyecto4Patas that's looking for foster families, for those who miss having an animal but (understandably, trust me, see above) don't see themselves as able to commit to an animal for the rest of their lives, including schlepping them to another country if you're not permanent here or just not sure...check them out if you have interest.

I brought my beautiful long haired chihuahua (Stella) with me in 2006.

I had to pay the EZE vet an extra $100USD to "allow" her into Argentina.

In 2009 I bought 2 chorkies pups (Frida and Diego)
on mercadolibre. Both sellers claimed they were long haired chihauhaus, but I knew better.

Nonetheless, I bought both of them.

Stella went to doggie heaven in 2011 at the age of 15.

Freida, Diego, and one of their sons (Godzila) live with me now.

We are planning to enlarge the family again in December.

this was the most heart warming post I have ever read on XPATs. Thank you to all the animal lovers who have adopted los perros del calle. It's heart breaking to see all the animals who struggle to survive each day on the streets.
I brought my french bulldog, Toulouse and my Boxer, Roscoe with me when I came 5 years ago. They are both 11 now and no airline will fly them back to the states, botht he age and breed now makes it impossible to fly them. so I'm here until they leave this life and return to the universe. When we arrived there were virtually a few french bulldogs here, and people would stop their cars and jump out to see him. Now there are many but he still is a curiosity. He very adorable even at 11 years old.

Back