Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Yes, an animal other than a dog/cat that I acquired here

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • No pets for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other- explain in the comments

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
I have two adorable cats, both portenos! They give me so much pleasure and affection in return for their daily bowl of cat biscuits, some water and some cat grass, that is is almost unfair. They are trilingual (Castellano, English and Cat), but also psychic, as they are always waiting at the door for me when I come in.

I think a house is not a home without cats (although a dog lover might like to substitute their own animal of choice).

As an aside, I never had cats that could not go outside before. It makes a big difference! Once I got rid of the fleas, worms and other nasties they had when they came to live with me five years ago, they never got them again, so don't need any chemicals except their yearly vaccinations. My vet says they are the healthiest cats she has ever met.

La Fleur

i have two small long haired mix, samba who is 11 and i just found out has doggy dementia and tango who rescued himself one day 4 years ago by following me. he was abandoned at the beach and need firstly 3 expensive and scary days in the animal hospital on a drip and life support. now a healthy boy but sticks like glue on me...:)
they both love it here and i must say, i have extensively traveled with pets and have never found a place like here where even the smallest of kids is happy to see a dog and wants to pet. people walk around my old lady and dont kick her etc.etc.etc... i have nothing but positive to say, of course i see the other side too and sadly have seen some puppy mills in the villas... very sad picture and its all for money greed! both my dogs are rescue and i would never have any other!

i am not sure if i may post this here, but the topic is just the right one...

currently we (a saint who feeds and rescues all she finds in the street and my hairdresser who fosters lovely ANUKA, but leaves in 3 days) are looking very urgently for a foster or permanent home for a cute around 7 year old lab mix lady, she will get sterilized on monday and then by tuesday is ready to go to a new place.
Screen-Shot-2012-06-27-at-11.26.13-AM.jpg

Gente, les presento a Anuka. Tiene unos seis o siete años, la encontraron hace un par de semanas en Plaza Las Heras. No sabemos si se perdió o si fue abandonada. Es educada, limpia, elegante, leal y muy reservada. En este momento vive en Belgrano, pero la persona que le da tránsito tiene que viajar a fin de mes y si Anuka no encuentra otro tránsito o una familia que la adopte, tendrá que ir a un refugio. ¿Se coparían difundiendo para ayudar a Anuka a encontrar un hogar? Entre todos podemos hacerlo realidad. ¡Gracias de parte de Anuka!

Hi, URGENT>>please help find a home for Anuka. She was found in Plaza Las Heras not sure if she was lost or abandoned. At the moment she is with me , i've had her for a week but i'm travelling home on 2nd July. If interested in giving this beautiful lady a home , please contact me. She is well trained (no mishaps whatsoever in the home) very loving, very quiet, a true companion, good with other dogs and children. She just needs a good home where she can be loved and give love...

Bitte bitte helfen! Diese liebe Huendin ist vor einer Woche in Plaza Las Heras gefunden worden. Man weiss nicht, ob verloren oder ausgesetzt, sie ist auf jeden fall stuberein, sehr ruhig und eine elegante, etwas aeltere dame schon, ca 6/7 jahre alt. Momentan ist sie bei Terrie, die aber in ein paar tagen fuer 2 monate verreist. Es wird ein neues heim fuer Anuka gesucht, oder aber auch ein temporaeres waere ideal, alles besser als wieder zurueck auf die strasse!!! Wir alle suchen intensiv fuer ein neues zuhause!

My husband's family is surrounded by animals and dog/cat rescuers. :) We have two little dogs that we picked up off the street.

Out here there are tons of strays... it's so sad! Every day I see various dogs or cats I just want to pick up and bring home and give a bath... but we don't have any more space. There's simply too many.

I hope Anuka finds a home!

Trennod,
I can easily solve your problem. I have an adorable 2-year old pug, who I need to house with someone when I travel. As a matter of fact, I need to be in Uruguay next week, just for a few days, and my friends who are so much in love with him and always take care of him when I am not around, cannot this time, as they have their vacation plans as well. Want to email me ? [email protected]

steveinbsas said:
I brought my beautiful long haired chihuahua (Stella) with me in 2006.

I had to pay the EZE vet an extra $100USD to "allow" her into Argentina.

In 2009 I bought 2 chorkies pups (Frida and Diego)
on mercadolibre. Both sellers claimed they were long haired chihauhaus, but I knew better.

Nonetheless, I bought both of them.

Stella went to doggie heaven in 2011 at the age of 15.

Freida, Diego, and one of their sons (Godzila) live with me now.

We are planning to enlarge the family again in December.

Hi Steveinbsas. I also brought my chihuahua (short-haired), Lola, from the US. The natives seem to just love her here and I get asked all the time how much I got her for. Just curious, but from your post it sounds like pure-bred Chihuahuas might be hard to find here, and thus are pretty expensive, is that the case? If so, it's unfortunate that she's spayed

My other half already had a dog when i arrived.. now he has aquired another and three cats....

We adopted a rescue from www.mascotasenadopcion.com
They are doing such important work rescuing strays from the street. The dogs and cats are sent to refugio to rehabilitate and they come to you healthy and with all their shots. I just can't say enough good things about this wonderful organization!

Jennita said:
Hi Steveinbsas. I also brought my chihuahua (short-haired), Lola, from the US. The natives seem to just love her here and I get asked all the time how much I got her for. Just curious, but from your post it sounds like pure-bred Chihuahuas might be hard to find here, and thus are pretty expensive, is that the case? If so, it's unfortunate that she's spayed
hey , just a note to my above comment, there are out in the villas real bad puppy mills to be found and specially around xmas you see people on the street selling tiny pups, its sooo sad! please be careful when buying a "bread" dog here, many,many come from puppy mills! lela

Back