Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Yes, I vote in Argentina and my home country

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • No, I don't vote at all.

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

YOenBA

Registered
I'm curious as to how many expats vote, either in their home country, here, or both.

I didn't vote last time as i hadn't registered to vote via proxy and voting via mail just isn't functional to and from Argentina.

Voting online or in an embassy is not an option for the uk.

As a us citizen they send me via USPS my ballot and a already addressed return envelope. Every year since I've arrived I've filled out my ballot, placed it in the return envolope and mailed it off snail mail. I have absolutely no idea if any of them have actually been received and counted.

I do vote at home (in the US) because I feel it's very important. Argentina is my home right now, but the US will always be my home, so I try my best to keep up with the big politics. I don't vote in EVERY election, but of course I'll be voting in the presidential election.

As for Argentina, I've yet to vote here. I'm still waiting on my DNI! Though I admit, I'd be lost as to what to do. It seems none of the politicians really talk about issues, they just say vague things like "for a better argentina"

I got this email today:

The U.S. Embassy here in Buenos Aires is hosting a voting party on Oct. 4. All U.S. Citizens in the Buenos Aires area are invited to cast their absentee ballots here together. We’ll have plenty of food, music, and remarks from Ambassador Martinez.

· We STRONGLY URGE citizens to request absentee ballots NOW if they haven’t done so already. For information on electronic voter registration and absentee ballots, please visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program website at www.FVAP.gov. While attendees will be able to register to vote and request absentee ballots at the party, we urge you to request your absentee ballot NOW and bring the completed ballot to the party. Attendees who do not have ballots will be able to register to vote and request absentee ballots at the party.
· U.S. passport required for entry into the Embassy

Thanks!
Sarah

Sarah Sumadi • Press Intern • Public Affairs Section • American Embassy Buenos Aires

Hope it helps.

Back