Does Bank of America work in Baires?

GRPD

Registered
Hi everyone, I´m just wondering if anyone here has a Bank Of America bank account, and what its been like using it here, atm fees, withdrawal limits, ect, I could really use the info. Thanks :)

It works, but you'll pay high ATM fees and foreign transaction fees. Get Schwab Bank.

Sleuth said:
It works, but you'll pay high ATM fees and foreign transaction fees. Get Schwab Bank.
I'll second that.

Bank of America international fees are preposterous. Each ATM withdrawal is subject to a $5 surcharge (plus the 15 peso surcharge on the Argentine bank side), and each debit-card transaction is charged a currency-exchange fee. Schwab is definitely terrific (I opened up a Schwab account just to avoid using Bank of America on my second BA trip), and if you use a credit card, Capital One doesn't charge internatonal-currency fees.

Sleuth said:

Been meaning to get a Schwab account for some time. Now that we're in the US, it's time. Can you share a link to the Schwab account we should get? The one w/o international ATM fees. Thanks in advance!!

Back