Dog crate for airplane...

cujodu

Registered
I hate to do it, but I'm going to the US for 2 months and it's not United Airlines so I have to put my dog on as cargo. :(

Does anyone have a small/med sized crate for travel they would like to sell?

PM me please!!!

As of this moment, I've decided to switch airlines so I can take her in the cabin. If anything changes, I'll repost. Thanks everyone!

Which airline will take him in the cabin? I wanna take mine (to the UK) and will only accept cargo, so I was thinking cabin to the US and then less cargo hours...

mariefer said:
Which airline will take him in the cabin? I wanna take mine (to the UK) and will only accept cargo, so I was thinking cabin to the US and then less cargo hours...

You can not fly into the UK (or Ireland) with dogs in the cabin. This is a government regulation and not decided by the airlines.

Also, I have two small crates that I don't use. So if anyone needs to borrow them some day. Get in touch.

mariefer said:

Delta and United are the only airlines I'm aware of that allow pets in the cabin out of Buenos Aires.

I know this is a thread about a dog crate for an airplane, but I'd like to offer a bit of advice to mariefer (if that's ok with you, cujodu).

Mariefer: I'm unaware of restrictions on flying to the UK, but like you said, it'll probably help some if you could fly to the States with your pet in-cabin. The airlines that I came up with when looking into this a few weeks ago that accept pets in-cabin to the States are: Avianca, Delta, NWA, TAM Brazilian and United.

Thanks for all the info!!! I was thinking flying cabin to the US and cargo to the UK so he goes half cargo poor doggie... I have already installed the chip on him and waited the 6 month quarantine period here to the UK.
I'm also thinking on renting my place for the 3 months I'll be out just to pay for his cargo/tickets fees... If you know anybody interested in a one bedroom flat from June 13 til Sept 14 please let me know, I have to pay more for his flight than for mine!!!

Thanks cujodu and mariefer for the info on carry-on airlines. I was looking into this back in late 2007 and got a resounding "NO pets in cabin" from all the airlines I called. I'm happy they have changed their policies for the better.

Back