Dog Poop WiFi

nicoenarg

Registered
The following is a commercial about what some company in Mexico City is trying to do to get people to clean up after their dogs in public parks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xl6giKWxw

The idea is that you pick up your dog's poop, seal the bag and put it in this device. It will weigh the poop and then give you and the rest of the people at the part WiFi for a certain amount of time relevant to the weight of the poop.

Its real, not a hoax. It was reported by several different news outlets.

Of course the sad state of humanity is that several people already started commenting with such idiocy as: "Well I can just put rocks in there to get WiFi."

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one in BsAs who is sick of dog poop all over the damn neighborhood. Especially around Almagro. Couldn't something like this work in our city. I mean if they thought about it in Mexico City, why not Buenos Aires?

Or is it all just wishful thinking on my part?

Isn´t WiFi pretty much free everywhere you go in ARG. From the Plazas to Starbucks etc? and without a doubt you will be getting rocks placed in there.

GeorgeAus said:
Isn´t WiFi pretty much free everywhere you go in ARG. From the Plazas to Starbucks etc? and without a doubt you will be getting rocks placed in there.

Well it doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same thing. I was just pointing out that Mexicans at least thought of something. As opposed to us over here who either complain or add to the already existing problems.

Also, I'm sure some people will put rocks in there in Mexico City but I'm sure some people will also try to do it the right way.

nicoenarg said:
Well it doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same thing. I was just pointing out that Mexicans at least thought of something. As opposed to us over here who either complain or add to the already existing problems.

Also, I'm sure some people will put rocks in there in Mexico City but I'm sure some people will also try to do it the right way.

I would love to see something done. I hate watching the Porteros wasting water washing concrete every morning. If you can teach dogs tricks with incentives I am sure you can teach people. But first its necessary to forget the "If you cant beat them join them" attitude people tend to have

There is no way to solve the dog poop problem unless you are willing to have police start arresting dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs.

Since police don't even pursue real criminals here, I don't see this issue being solved anytime soon.

Back