Dog shipping service told me dog needs to be crated 10 hours in Ezeiza before 9 hour flight to Miami

glad to hear it made it!

you leaving this place for good fiscal?
I am going to try living in the US for six months or a year and see if I like it, but I am a little worried I've gotten soft here with the easy life in Argentina and will miss it. So maybe I will come back.

Hope you are not planning on shuttling the dog back and forth every six months.

Flying is terribly stressful for dogs. I stopped flying with mine after two of them got convulsions the day they arrived in BA. One of them made it, the other died. After that, I never put a dog on a plane again.

Hope you are not planning on shuttling the dog back and forth every six months.

Flying is terribly stressful for dogs. I stopped flying with mine after two of them got convulsions the day they arrived in BA. One of them made it, the other died. After that, I never put a dog on a plane again.
No, the dog (a border collie that loves to bark and chase) is going to go live on my farm with my Australian Shepherd. My ex bought her as a puppy and basically stopped giving a damn about her and I ended up taking her. I wasn't moving her to the US just to hang out with me for six months. I was moving her here so she could have a nice life. I know if I left my her here with my ex she'd be locked in a cage 20 hours a day.

No, the dog (a border collie that loves to bark and chase) is going to go live on my farm with my Australian Shepherd. My ex bought her as a puppy and basically stopped giving a damn about her and I ended up taking her. I wasn't moving her to the US just to hang out with me for six months. I was moving her here so she could have a nice life. I know if I left my her here with my ex she'd be locked in a cage 20 hours a day.
Bless you!

Wonderful.....!

Your dog is going to think she has died and gone to Heaven. For a Border Collie, a farm and an Australian Shepherd mate must be sheer bliss.

Just got a quote from BA's pet handlers to fly my lab to Argentina. Apparently, BA have a height restriction on the route, and my lab is over that, so a pallet rate has been quoted. The price? £8782. She is not even that big, she is only 18 months. Anyone any experience flying a dog from the UK to Argentina? I had hoped to use BA as they are direct (short refuel in Sao Paolo) but will have to look elsewhere now.

Had friends that brought two large dogs on united. They moved them like normal pets in large dog crates. No issues.

@Churchill No first-hand experience here but a couple of suggestions anyway. I believe Lufthansa and Air France/KLM are more open-minded about dogs and they used to allow them in the cabin and maybe still do. Contact them and see? Otherwise, we know that American and United and other US airlines are used to shipping dogs so maybe try a cost benefit analysis of flying with a US airline via a US hub, maybe with a day or so in the US to aclimatise in between legs? Longwinded? Maybe. But it's got to cost less than eight grand.

I would not trust my dog to a shipping company. She flew with me as an extra piece of luggage. It is easy: check the crate in two hours before boarding time, ask the counter people to keep it there, and go outside with the dog until it is time to board. Only then check the dog in. I've done it many times, and it works out fine.

A piece of your unwashed clothing in the crate - pyjamas or T shirt - reassures the dog during the flight, as it is a familiar smell.
Hello Im leaving for BA soon, from Miami, bringing my dog with me.

I have a shipping company here in Miami cost is 4k.

He needs to go into Cargo, Aerolinas seems to be only airline that will ship him in Cargo. (American stopped , Latam has a stop over in Chile thats too many hours for dog to be in crate.)

What airline did you fly?

Did you use anyone to bring your dog through customs?

If you, or anyone on forum knows a Handler that does . Can you please pass me the information.

Ive done it in the US but never to Argentina, with customs.

Thank you in advance

I flew both American and United, from the US to Buenos Aires. Try to arrive on a weekday, as animal control inspectors get paid more weekends and holidays. Upon arrival at Ezeiza, the dogs' crates came in with the luggage. I then put them on a cart and went to SENASA, the animal inspection service's office. Showed their papers, paid a small fee, and were out in under twenty minutes.

American has daily non stop Miami-BA flights, United does the same from Houston, and Delta from Atlanta.

Pets fly cargo in a special hold right under the cockpit, heated and cooled the same as the passenger cabin. It is not a large space, so make sure there is room for your dog in your flight.
The vet told me not to give the dogs sleeping pills, as they interfere with their body temperature control.

Best of luck to you and your dog....!

Last edited:
Back