Dollar Blue $6,91 ...!! Historical Max. Future Trend Upwards

Fair at regular place $6,85, if you walk Florida perhaps $6,90 with higher risks?
At a place I've gone to a couple of times before this afternoon, I was offered 6.75 but asked and got 6.85 for 200 USD.

Maybe going abroad to buy clothing or electronics is not worth the airfare etc. , since with a 42 % discount local prices are competitive with 12 cuotas sin interes!!! Or buy next month will be cheaper!!

I'm returning in March for 3 weeks from Ireland. I intend to buy dollars at the post office here using my euros (no commission) and change to pesos with the blue rate. This makes a profit of about 70 centavos on the Euro Blue rate.
And the dolar blue has its own Facebook page and look at people looking to buy!
http://www.facebook.com/dolarblue?filter=2

This is a cheeky post because I'm not an expat. I'm a non Spanish speaking tourist who is coming to Argentina for the first time for a long holiday.

I'm wondering how I can profit from a fair rate (not a top rate) for my USD without taking any risks. No exchanges on dark street corners for me!

Can I just ask the hostel owner for a 'good' rate? Can I find a way to invite someone to the hostel to give me exchange?

How keen are the authorities to prevent people from using the black market, or is it considered normal, as it is in most parts of Africa?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Hans

This is a cheeky post because I'm not an expat. I'm a non Spanish speaking tourist who is coming to Argentina for the first time for a long holiday.

I'm wondering how I can profit from a fair rate (not a top rate) for my USD without taking any risks. No exchanges on dark street corners for me!

Can I just ask the hostel owner for a 'good' rate? Can I find a way to invite someone to the hostel to give me exchange?

How keen are the authorities to prevent people from using the black market, or is it considered normal, as it is in most parts of Africa?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Hans

Try the Western Union at Santa Fe and Ayacucho, do not stay in line, go directly to the small door on
the right (if you have dollar), tell the guy inside to open the door for you, you can exchange your dollar
inside. It is safe. They have pretty much the blue rate. This place is not a tourist exchange place,
it's a low profile shop.
Many local people go there to pay bills, that's why you need to go inside.When you are done, walk out with
a calm look, check out the people in the room then exit to Santa Fe. Sometimes I exchanged over $1000,
I just walk out like walking out of a fruit store, be alert but do not look like a scared tourist.
Also do not dress like tourist, do not carry any type of bag, especially no back pack.

The Dollar Blue has peaked at $7,08 until the Jan. 18th.the next upward step function.... :wub:

http://www.infobae.com/notas/690293-El-dolar-libre-gano-un-centavo-a-705-pesos.html

Try the Western Union at Santa Fe and Ayacucho, do not stay in line, go directly to the small door on
the right (if you have dollar), tell the guy inside to open the door for you, you can exchange your dollar
inside. It is safe. They have pretty much the blue rate. This place is not a tourist exchange place,
it's a low profile shop.
Many local people go there to pay bills, that's why you need to go inside.When you are done, walk out with
a calm look, check out the people in the room then exit to Santa Fe. Sometimes I exchanged over $1000,
I just walk out like walking out of a fruit store, be alert but do not look like a scared tourist.
Also do not dress like tourist, do not carry any type of bag, especially no back pack.

Good info

When I look on Google maps for 'Western Union,Ayacucho, Buenos Aires, Argentina',
I find this:

Hotel Ayacucho Palace
Ayacucho 872, Ayacucho, Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is the place?

Thanks

I'm planning on hitting up Florida for the first time to change dollars, any suggestions? Would it be insane to change 500 or 1000 dollars?

Back