Dollar Blue Will Drop Like Stone

Now that I looked at Ambito.com, I agree that getting 8.62 was good. The informal rate has been frozen so much lately I almost didn't look but, now that I did, I see that the informal rate did go up today 0.23% (to 8.55/8.60). Although I sometimes go around to see which place will offer the best rate today I asked one guy standing out on Florida and he said that he give me 8.50 so, when I went into my regular place and he offered me 8.62 I figured that seemed OK, so I said sure. Now I'm wondering what the story would have been if I would have compared rates at a few places. Looking now at the Ambito informal rate, I am surprised I got any more than 8.35-8.4.

The way the dollar has been going, I would think that that was/is low. Rumors have been that AR$9:US$1 is out there for the taking. Don't know for sure, but know that last week it was AR$8.6 without batting an eye. And I think that the direction is towards AR$9 (or more), not the other way.

Though I don't know for sure.

Basically, whatever you can get is the "market price".

the prominent websites are not declaring the actual blue rate now, i believe, you need to know the right ppl to be aware of the prevailing blue rate.

the prominent websites are not declaring the actual blue rate now, i believe, you need to know the right ppl to be aware of the prevailing blue rate.

A friend's brother is my 'cueva', I don't know who he actually works for (some unmarked office downtown but we usually meet in the neighb) and I was surprised too that last week, before it had gone up to 8.6 "venta" on ambito.com, he was giving me 8.57... Typically it has been .20c less than whatever is the "venta" rate on ambito regardless of what it says under "compra". So I asked him, "What's up with that? It's usually 20c less than 'venta'"; he said he didn't know a thing about how it gets decided (he just asks his boss I guess when I say I want to change some) but that whatever source I was using was not accurate! dolarblue.net has not always been accurate but I thought ambito was the official source...

Anyway, who knows whats really going on.

Just keep asking as many people as you can. Yesterday I received 8.80 . Moreno has put the clamp on all the big exchange houses but the market is obviously willing to pay more.

Anyway, who knows whats really going on.

If you know the right people, they know at a hourly rate, the current blue rate. their are even new OS and android applications for the current blue rate, but the apps are only know to certain ppl.

however I have no clue, i still exchange all my money at the bank at the current white rate, as i believe in going in sync with the system.

Back