Dollar dropping against the peso!

Seems we were lucky then.
Completed on the sale of our house yesterday and the best we could get was 6.12.

camberiu said:
It is a race to the bottom, really. Both Cristina and "Helicopter" Ben are printing like crazy. Time will tell who will outprint the other.

It is not a race to the bottom. There is a big difference between expanding the monetary base and expanding the money supply. This is reflected in inflation. 25% vs 2%. If it was a race, Argentina would be crushing the US.

Does anyone ever look at the official rate ? It passed 4.7 yesterday. Blue will catch up. Low demand. Also , how much are you changing and will .10 peso make a substantial change in your life ? or .20 pesos ?

Don't worry. Unless you are very large currency speculator , and are risking yours , or others bid bucks. If you are so desperate over .10 peso , drop your cablevison. You will save more money...... or is this just another useless thread........

That article in the Cronista is interesting. Bad news for expats that the USD is going down, but good news for anyone who has a salary or investment in pesos.

In my personal opinion, I always thought the blue rate was an exaggeration. It seemed to me like paying 6.5 pesos for a dollar was too much. I never actually bought any dollars at that rate. When the blue chip swaps were up to 6.7 (and a maximum of 6.9) I was going crazy trying to sell as many dollars as I could to take advantage of that rate.

Maybe we'll go back to the equilibrium of 5.90ish that we were at back in june/july.

I believe that the predictions will hold true for the dollar blue and peso...!
Average 2013, predicted as $7,20 and$5,41, respectively.

I think it`s just a necessary consolidation. It went up to fast and now everyone has to get adjusted. I assume we will see those 7 by December, when demand is up again.

Maybe the rise of the official rate and drop of the blue rate is both finding an equilibrium where the peso reaches its true price to the dollar.

Back