Dollar dropping against the peso!

can't change pesos by swift,nobody want's to deal with it.what's the best rate for changing dollar bills for euros,the same for pesos/euro?

Against all predictions, the dollar climbed to 6,37 per peso on 16/10 ,yesterday it climbed to 6.45.
when the holiday season comes Dec/Jan the blue dollar rate will surge again. Will brush the 7 peso mark...!!
Good Luck

Mainly due to the fears of "pesificacion" of provincial bonds
http://www.dolar-blue.com/

If there is such a "pesificacion", new heights will be reached...

In Dec/Jan, there will also be the aguinaldo effect (opposed to what the article above tells)

What rate can one get buying Uru pesos with Arg pesos, is it 1arp=4urp..

These flucuations are caused by the Argie Central Bank intervening in the foreign currency market to buy Pesos, hence propping up the peso. Problem is, the bank doesn`t have sufficient dollars to do this for long. It is an attempt, most likely, to simply relieve some of the pressure on the government over the dollar clamp.

RR

Some interesting info in this post especially as I will be visiting next year, and fully intend to get maximum bang for my buck.

Actually, I have to admit to being puzzled by the discrepancy between the official and unofficial rates? Any ideas anyone? Someone is obviously making a killing, but as to whom, well you guys will be far better informed than me :)

The government is making the killing. They set the official rate, the market sets the actual (unofficial, thorn in the government's foot) rate.

If the pricing difference between official and blue rate surprises you, you'd best do some more homework before coming down. Make sure you realize that Argentina, specifically Buenos Aires, isn't the place it was even 1-2 years ago. Still some fun to be had, but don't come down expecting the "Paris of South America."

What rate can one get buying Uru pesos with Arg pesos, is it 1arp=4urp..

Yesterday 19/10 in Colonia:

Compra/ Venta. Arg Peso/Uy Peso = 2.60 / 3.85

That is to say, to BUY an Argie peso you need $ 3,85 pesos UY (Close to 4 pesos UY)
When you sell your Argie Pesos you receive $ 2,60 pesos Uy

Actually in the page www,cambio18.com the rate is 3.90,,,!! mentioned by PhillipDT

Last time I went to Colonia (maybe 4 years ago?) the Uruguay peso was something like 7.80 AR pesos.

When I first came here more than 6 years ago, the Paraguayan guarani was around 3200 to 1. Even though the official rate in Paraguay is around 900 now, you can't often get more than 650 to 1.

The Argie Peso lost more value in Paraguay, where it's reduced to 1/5 (3200/650) of its original value, than in Uruguay (7.8/2.6) now 1/3 of the previous value in 2006.

The Paraguayans are actually quite proud of their currency at this point. They consider 1000 guarani to be their base unit - there has been something afloat to drop three 0s from their currency for awhile, I'd heard it may happen in 2013. The peso, to them, is only worth 65% of their currency :)

Back