dollar - peso : exchange

Fadi

Registered
Hi there
where's the best place to exchange dollars to pesos , safe and good price ????
regards

Ditto. Had a few recs before but coudlnt find one and the other seems to be closed.

Have a few dollars I was keeping for duty free, may as well get rid of considering the markup.

I´m exchanging pesos for dollars next week. The place i went last month is closed now and i don´t really want to go to a random cueva. My husband was able to get dollars through AFIP for the official rate 2 weeks ago but according to the their website no more.
Anyone interested PM me. Transaction can be made inside an HSBC bank.
Still if anyone knows of a place safe with a good rate i´m also interested.
Thanks!

I know of 2 reliable places where the rates are okay. One off Calle Florida - a merchant with local and the other on Arenales near 9 de juLIO. PM for details

nikad said:
Word to trust, you just joined to post this? Be careful people...

I second that! I would not take advice about where to go with my money from someone who just joined this board a few days ago. Could be dangerous.

TheBlackHand said:
Are you serious ?

Well, think about it. Someone recently joined the board. This person is going to give information about where someone can take a quantity of US Dollars to change for pesos.

I mean absolutely nothing personal to Mr. Green. He could be a perfectly honest, up-front guy. But he's a nearly completely unknown quantity.

Anything could happen. I don't even really need to detail the various things. People get robbed by these kinds of things all the time.

I know personally someone who was robbed by an associate of the secretary at a cueva, who called her associate after my friend left the office, the associate followed my friend from the cueva to his house (he was in his Eco Sport) and robbed him when he stepped out of his truck. The thief reached directly into my friend's pocket where he had put the money (a couple tens of thousands of pesos) in the last cueva he visited, and they didn't even demand more, nor check his other pocket where another similarly large sum of pesos sat from a visit to a previous cueva.

If Mr Green has just a location to share, might be perfectly OK. Might be. But if it's known, public (not someone's private residence for example) and safe, why not post it in public?

We are just suggesting that the person be careful taking advice of this sort from an unknown person on the board. Particularly if that person says something in a PM like "I don't know the location exactly, only been there once and I'm somewhat new to the city. I need to change some moeny too - why don't we meet and I can show you where it is, and maybe we can get a cup of coffee afterward."

People who post a lot are pretty well known, at least as to their general character and way of thinking about things, even if someone hasn't met them in public previously. It is still a risk, but at least a risk made knowing that it's not someone who has specifically been seeking targets to rob.

Again, not that Mr Green is that kind of person. No offense, not at all trying to cast dispersions upon your person in any way Mr Green.

Back