Don't Change Money at Global Exchange Ezeiza

I think Global Exchange at the end of the day do what one comentator on the clarin article suggested. They pile the dollars and cross the gangway to the banco piano and sell all the dollars at the higher rate offered by banco piano. That seems more like a bonifide argentine "negocion"

Dolar.jpg

They are crazy, at Ezeiza they pay 3.69 per dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone been to the airport lately and changed dollars at Banco Piano or Banco Nacion? What rate are they giving?

Or, it is possible to buy pesos in the US airports (Boston or Atlanta)?

My mom is coming to visit and she just needs to change enough dollars to pay for the taxi. (Related: Does Taxi Ezeiza accept dollars?)

sgarlow said:
Has anyone been to the airport lately and changed dollars at Banco Piano or Banco Nacion? What rate are they giving?

Or, it is possible to buy pesos in the US airports (Boston or Atlanta)?

My mom is coming to visit and she just needs to change enough dollars to pay for the taxi. (Related: Does Taxi Ezeiza accept dollars?)

The official remis accept credit card. Not the greatest prices, but convenience is high. Taxi Ezeiza for example charges $46. No need to change any money and probably easier for your mom than trying to negotiate with the regular taxis.

Bajo_cero2 said:
Dolar.jpg

They are crazy, at Ezeiza they pay 3.69 per dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone tried buying Dollars from them? $4.57 pesos per dollar would be great...

Who really changes an amount more then needed to pay for the tax, tip and maybe a soda(let's say 50 dollar) at any airport?

You just know you get ripped off

Back