Dueno says they are now calculating the $ at 4.65

palermogirl

Registered
Two weeks ago, I paid 1/2 of the deposit on an apartment that I was to move into on 12/15. Yesterday, when I was about to go pay the rest of the deposit, the owner sent me an email saying that given the difficulty in changing pesos to dollars, and the fact that I am paying in pesos (which she knew up front) she is now calculating the price of the apartment ($850/mo on craigslist) at at peso to dollar ratio of $1 - 4.64 pesos.

I refused to proceed and she suggested that we split the difference.

I haven't paid her the remaining amount. And, I am actually wanting to walk away because I feel this is completely unscrupulous and am concerned about her trying to recoup this money with my deposit. However, I am also looking for some objective opinions on the matter.

Thanks!

Lee said:
Welcome to Argentina!

The first thing they should give you prior to landing along with the immigration form is a diagram of the proper way to bend over to get fucked as it will happen over and over while visiting here!

and with no lubricant.......

I would say agree to split the difference. And then don't pay her the rent ever again for her being a RATA piece of garbage. Let her then beg you to pay the rent. It will take her next to forever to get you out and since she has no garantía, well she's out of luck.
Time to give back to these people some of what they deserve.......

Davidglen77 said:
I would say agree to split the difference. And then don't pay her the rent ever again for her being a RATA piece of garbage. Let her then beg you to pay the rent. It will take her next to forever to get you out and since she has no garantía, well she's out of luck.
Time to give back to these people some of what they deserve.......

Ohhhh... wow! :eek:

I understand where this is coming from, but I can't even begin to say that I "understand" the anger. Hopefully I will never know what it is like. (Knock on wood.)

This is when people grab the popcorn and just sit back.

tell her you'll check with the AFIP what the "official" rate is. I suspect it might drop a wee bit at that point.

palermogirl said:
Two weeks ago, I paid 1/2 of the deposit on an apartment that I was to move into on 12/15. Yesterday, when I was about to go pay the rest of the deposit, the owner sent me an email saying that given the difficulty in changing pesos to dollars, and the fact that I am paying in pesos (which she knew up front) she is now calculating the price of the apartment ($850/mo on craigslist) at at peso to dollar ratio of $1 - 4.64 pesos.

I refused to proceed and she suggested that we split the difference.

I haven't paid her the remaining amount. And, I am actually wanting to walk away because I feel this is completely unscrupulous and am concerned about her trying to recoup this money with my deposit. However, I am also looking for some objective opinions on the matter.

Thanks!

Just say no. You already have an agreement. Don't try to be nice simply because being nice does not work here. If you want to walk away, be prepared to go to AFIP to get your deposit back or be prepared to lose it. She will not return it...She's a porteno...

LostinBA said:
Just say no. You already have an agreement. Don't try to be nice simply because being nice does not work here. If you want to walk away, be prepared to go to AFIP to get your deposit back or be prepared to lose it.

She will not return it...She's a porteno...

I'm pretty sure she also voted Macri and their Pro-Robbers.

Please don't give in to these people, this kind are the ones who make a bad name for this city and country, please tell her to go and f#@& off! herself....

Lucas said:
I'm pretty sure she also voted Macri and their Pro-Robbers.

jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja - yes, b/c every other politician in Argentina is squeaky clean:rolleyes: Excuse me while I stop laughing.

Did you sign the contract for 850 dollars? If so, just tell her you will pay the remaining amount of 425 dollars at the official exchange rate of the day and b/c you are nice ;) you'll even pay it at the rate it costs to officially buy dollars (which I believe is 4.26)

If no, tell her she can refund you the 425 dollars you've already paid her at the official rate today. I'm never rude but I would certainly be firm. And honestly, if she is going to be this much of a PITA before you move in, I might be doing my best to get out of the lease. Doesn't bode well for the future.

citygirl said:
jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja - yes, b/c every other politician in Argentina is squeaky clean:rolleyes: Excuse me while I stop laughing.

You can laugh all you want but I'm 100% sure that these people are the same kind people who voted Macri and the Pro, guaranteed. That people is the same people who ruined this country what they do with foreigners they do with locals as well, they are so greedy and unconcern of others welfare and rights that really isn't a laughing matter, unless you're one of them, hope you're not.
If I was you I won't be laughing, they are the ones who go laughing all the way to the bank to deposit those ill-earned dollars pinched from their unsuspected victims.

The rest of your post is good advise.

Back