'Eating is a luxury': Argentina shoppers still feel squeezed

MilHojas

Registered
There's a COTO mall here in Neuquén that has a food court. During the winter I take the kids regularly since it's usually too cold to hang out on the riverwalk. It's pretty stark to watch the food court go from packed in the first week of the month (when everyone gets paid) and peter out to only a handful of people by the 30th. I recall recently watching a TN reporter on the street asking people which day they generally "run out of money". The average answer was the 15th of the month. Many reported having to get "creative" with food after that. What I can only assume is fideos with ketchup.

There's a COTO mall here in Neuquén that has a food court. During the winter I take the kids regularly since it's usually too cold to hang out on the riverwalk. It's pretty stark to watch the food court go from packed in the first week of the month (when everyone gets paid) and peter out to only a handful of people by the 30th. I recall recently watching a TN reporter on the street asking people which day they generally "run out of money". The average answer was the 15th of the month. Many reported having to get "creative" with food after that. What I can only assume is fideos with ketchup.
And thus argentinos learn what VLLC really means

Back