Edamame

compremiobra

Registered
Hello everyone:
I'm a declared edamame junkie and i have roamed the shops looking for them. This whole "going cold turkey" thing is afecting my sleeping schedules. I know that there is an edamame farm in argentina and i know some other people have posted this same concern. I'm updating the inquiry in case some one has found them.

salutes!

Your absolute best bet is barrio chino. I have never seen edamame here, but I haven't gone expressly to look. There are several grocery stores in barrio chino that sell vegetables that you can't get anywhere else (japanese eggplant, lemongrass, etc.) so they MAY. My hunch is that you might be out of luck, but it's worth a shot.

aw'right, i'll give it a shot. In case that doesn't work... Anyone knows where to get methadone??
ha-ha-ha

oh please post if you find it. I am also a junky and get my fix only when I go eat sushi out and that is not that often!
suerte!

Edamame is soy and soy is one of Argentina's largest exports. You'd think it would be somewhere. If you find some, let us know.

I wouldn´t be surprised if they are eating Argentine Edamame in China. I used to buy Argentine blueberries in new york for 99c a container and the same ones here cost between 8 and 12 pesos depending on the barrio.

I called Casa Japonesa and they dont sell Edename. I think in Spanish it is called soja verde (perhaps in Spain)

Ladies and gentlemen, i have succesfully completed my search for edamame in BA city and, thus, commited myself to this adiction.
"Asia oriental shopping", mendoza 1655, chinatown, belgrano. Yup, found them there. i had been there several times and this is the first time i find them. It seems that only the gods know when they get shipments (as the people in charge told me) and one just has to bee lucky to find them.
Now, these are not the neatly packed edamame open-and-enjoy that you might be used to, but very charming whole pieces of the plant rolled in plastic wrap. No price (allthough they're 15.60 each, and there is a lot on every pack) no labels, no biggie.
Hope you fellow adicts will enjoy the information. From now on, though, we are officialy enemies for i pretend to hoard on them every time i find them.
Oh, and i'm goin to try to boil them following an internet recipe, if anyone has a better idea, please let me know; if not, wish me luck
regards!

compremiobra said:
Ladies and gentlemen, i have succesfully completed my search for edamame in BA city and, thus, commited myself to this adiction.
"Asia oriental shopping", mendoza 1655, chinatown, belgrano. Yup, found them there. i had been there several times and this is the first time i find them. It seems that only the gods know when they get shipments (as the people in charge told me) and one just has to bee lucky to find them.
Now, these are not the neatly packed edamame open-and-enjoy that you might be used to, but very charming whole pieces of the plant rolled in plastic wrap. No price (allthough they're 15.60 each, and there is a lot on every pack) no labels, no biggie.
Hope you fellow adicts will enjoy the information. From now on, though, we are officialy enemies for i pretend to hoard on them every time i find them.
Oh, and i'm goin to try to boil them following an internet recipe, if anyone has a better idea, please let me know; if not, wish me luck
regards!

You wouldn't happen to be nice enough and take a pic of the package???! thanks for sharing this golden information!

Yeah, tried to take the pictures for the other re, but my battery was dead. Now, for the public's pleasure... das pictures
IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Food and Drink 1