Edesur Bill

Farenheit

Registered
My Edesur bill is double this month. Has anyone else had increases? We have had so many lengthy power cuts (up to 4 days) it seems a bit cheeky to double it at this time.Thanks!

My Edesur bill is double this month. Has anyone else had increases? We have had so many lengthy power cuts (up to 4 days) it seems a bit cheeky to double it at this time.Thanks!

High a/c usage between cuts?

Check something like "A Cuenta ajuste/FEP (factor de estabilización)" basically every bill you pay an "adjusted" rate compared to the same month in the previous year. One bill a year during December/January you get all of this altogether. Basically if you get higher than you usually get, as your case, you've been paying less during the whole year and now they adjust everything at once. Next year if your consumption is less to this years', you'll be paying more each month "adjusted" (because the system thinks your usage will eventually be like 12 months ago) and at the end of the year you'll pay lot less, I've even seen $0 bills.
E.g. I got a 55 pesos bill this month, because in 2013 used much less power than in 2012.

Here's some old news about it
http://pilaradiario.com/noticias/Podra-no-pagarse-el-factor-de-estabilizacion-de-la-factura-de-luz_20539
Seems you can opt out of it.

Back