Egypts 2Nd Revolution Not Coup!

shoush

Registered
As we are egyptian and have all of our family living in Cairo, we have been following closely as millions went to the street to get the new president, "Morsi" out. my relatives and friends were protesting for days to get the muslim brotherhood out. They are a disgusting group that has killed many, and have a hatred for christians, and the jewish. Inflation has gone up like crazy and unemployment is at an all time high! and dollars its almost impossible to get YOUR dollars out of the bank.
the army helped get him out...as we all celebrated and now CNN and all the major american news stations are calling it a coup, which is not correct. the people got him out and the government helped.
the sad part is now the american government are backing up the muslim brotherhood.
we are all praying this will play out well and finally egypt can begin to re-build itself and be the beautiful country it once was, where extremist dont the country, as well corrupt government.
i wanted to share this as its near and dear to my heart, i know its a forum in argentina, but its important!

Well, I suppose it depends on your definition, but when an elected government is thrown out by military force, that's usually a coup. It seems like elections will be held sometime in the future, so not exactly a military takeover... a good coup, if you will. ;) I think most reasonable people would agree that Egypt is better off without the Muslim brotherhood as long as a stable and fair government takes its place.

Either way, I've been sort of disgusted by CNNs coverage. They have a real obsession with Middle East uprisings and violence without much regard for what it means to the average family living there.

Well, I do agree that Egypt is much better off without the Muslim Brotherhood. but I believe that Egypt's economy has been struggling way before the first Egyptian revolution and Mursi's presidency.

Here is my proof in numbers...

current-account-balance-total.png

unemployment.png

having said that, yes it is obvious that the Mursi and his people have no idea how to fun Egypt's economy, as you said, Egypt's Unemployment has risen, its Current Account Balance is falling drastically...

The sad story is that no one knows where Egypt is going, I sincerely hope things will stabilize and Egypt's will rise strong again.

Back