elbows

snailspace

Registered
Ok, I've wondered about it for years, have my own ideas about it, but I thought I'd put it here and get some other people's thoughts. What is it with the elbows? Is it only a BsAs thing, or is it all Argentina? If you don't know what I'm talking about then never mind.

snailspace said:
Ok, I've wondered about it for years, have my own ideas about it, but I thought I'd put it here and get some other people's thoughts. What is it with the elbows? Is it only a BsAs thing, or is it all Argentina? If you don't know what I'm talking about then never mind.

Not sure you're allowed to say "never mind", too late, you dropped the bombshell now we wanna know, what the heck are you talking about?? :D

Elbowing people while trying to get on the subte? I was in India and they are far worse than here as they all have very pointy elbows...

do you mean what people here do to (unfortunately) describe jewish people/ someone being "garca"?

Ok, I'll clarify.
Sticking the elbows out.
A gesture of impatience? A way to take up space and get attention? A power play to make oneself a 'force to be reckoned with' (or as my grandfather used to say 'king of the sh_t house')? Works great in narrow passageways! Other ideas on this?

Again, if you've never seen it done, ANPW (abs. no prob. whatso..., as so many people like to say), no importa.

solovely: I think I know the gesture you're referring to, but don't know 'garca.'

solovely said:
do you mean what people here do to (unfortunately) describe jewish people/ someone being "garca"?
You got it all wrong. It is not geared towards Jewish people, and it does not mean garca. It means cheap ( person )

solovely: I think I know the gesture you're referring to, but don't know 'garca.'
garca = a**hole, someone who takes advantage of others in any way possible.

Back