Election In A Nutshell

More rumours abound that Massa is to formally deal with Macri and Scioli to withdraw in coming days.

I personally don't see Massa dealing though. He has more to gain by keeping his ideology intact (by not dealing with non-peronists), waiting four years and cleaning up any potential mess on his own, unblemished ticket.

Thanks a lot 98000 that's what I told thorsten about Menem.He was trying to morph or dupe Peronism into something really market friendly but the Radicals wouldn't let him.He even had the unions in his pocket as well.Now Macri will finally do it after Argentina has lost 20 years,lost many of its export markets and fallen way behind in productivity.Scioli is unable to pull Argentina out of this hole the Ks have dug for it.It will take people with much more decision and will power like Macri and Vidal.

I think it will have to be a collective effort from a united Argentina, Peronist and non-Peronist alike, to put Argentina back on the right track. Not just politically, but socially and institutionally to boot.

I'm innately positive about a change of government, but I don't think we will be living our dreams in 4-years time.

Yeah the culture of blaming others for one's own failures needs to change if Argentina is to be successful. If the society sees all their failures as the fault of "Menem" or "Yanquis" then there's no reason they'd try hard to avoid previous mistakes because to them it wasn't their fault to begin with.

Anyway, I don't think much is going to change culturally anytime soon. What I am looking forward to is at least a break in this air of divisiveness that CFK has had going on for such a long time. Its both childish and tiring.

For a the government to withhold the Election results on10/25 for hours is unforgivable- :mad:

Hold the Popcorn until Dec 10 when Cristina passes the Presidential Sash to Macri... :wub: Wow Ihe Power wears you out....!!

cristina-asume-presidencia-2.jpg

Yeah the culture of blaming others for one's own failures needs to change if Argentina is to be successful. If the society sees all their failures as the fault of "Menem" or "Yanquis" then there's no reason they'd try hard to avoid previous mistakes because to them it wasn't their fault to begin with.

Anyway, I don't think much is going to change culturally anytime soon. What I am looking forward to is at least a break in this air of divisiveness that CFK has had going on for such a long time. Its both childish and tiring.

Reminds me of an El Queso post some years ago.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]For a the government to withhold the Election results on10/25 for hours is unforgivable- [/background] :mad:[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]

Yes, that was awful, as well as C5N's conduct that night. It is a perturbing illustration of how state apparatus, that in order to function democratically needs to do independently, is in fact, under this government, not independent at all.

The outcome of the 2016 presidential election in the USA is important to Argentina.

The Vulture Capitalist Attack on The Big Picture RT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-7bXkcUIQw
This is the kind of situation when your age *should* play in your favor.
Haven t you watched Red Dawn in the 80s?
30 years later and Americans already get their news from the Kremlin, Florida is populated by Russians, and the USA is supposed to have won the Cold War?

Massa pretty much said he will go with Macri without actually saying so.
He said the word cambio countless times, cracked a dig at CFK about the microphones and made it pretty clear how much le loathes the Kirchnerites.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1840633-sin-pronunciarse-por-un-candidato-sergio-massa-afirmo-la-argentina-necesita-un-cambio

Still..massa will be wanting half of macris miami real estate portfolio before he shakes macris hand

Matias, perhaps you can't grasp the fact that continual state intervention isn't healthy. Look where we are now.
It's about time the markets were allowed to operate freely without government meddling, particularly imports and exports.

Basically, what happens in this scenario is a massive official devaluation (to slowdown imports) and massive price inflation (as imported products soar and nationally-produced, exportable products rise to incentivize local producers to sell local rather than to global, developed markets [e.g. Europe and the United States] that have higher purchasing power).

Most developing countries meddle in trade. Europe and the United States provide cautionary tales...

Back