Electric heat panels anyone tried these?

I just put electric heating panels for my apartment. The co. that manufactures and sells them is Ecosul. They have panels for rooms and for bathrooms. The room panels are $Arg. 350 each and the bathroom panels are $Arg. 390. The consume much less electricity than the other electric heaters and than the splits. The heat very well. You give them the measurements of the rooms where you want to install them, incl. height and they tell you how many you need.

pablos212 said:
I just put electric heating panels for my apartment. The co. that manufactures and sells them is Ecosul. They have panels for rooms and for bathrooms. The room panels are $Arg. 350 each and the bathroom panels are $Arg. 390. The consume much less electricity than the other electric heaters and than the splits. The heat very well. You give them the measurements of the rooms where you want to install them, incl. height and they tell you how many you need.

The thing with electric heaters (all of them) is they are almost 100% efficient, you use 1kW of electricity you get 1kW of heat so if they use less electric you get less heat. This was so when I qualified 35 years ago and as far as I know the laws of physics haven't changed.
Before you decide you should find the relative costs of gas and electric heating. Bearing in mind of course that gas can be anything down to 60% efficient. Of course for pure ease of use and installation I should think that these are a good bet, particularly if it is not your own place.

Back