Electronics in Uruguay or Paraguay, Less Expensive Than Argentina?

Argento

Registered
For electronics computer related, does anyone know if they are priced closer to US, Can, Aus, Eu prices in Uruguay and/or Paraguay? Naturally if so, it would make sense not to make a trip just for that purpose unless it was for amounts of several 100US. But if already there, and needing something, it could help.
Thanks.

I was in Paraguay last week-- the only thing I specifically asked about was the iPhone4S, which was $720 USD. That's just a little more than what I would pay in Canada, if I added the GST and QST (taxes). In Asuncion, the stores were overflowing with electronic goods so you might be able to get a better price if you were to do some comparison shopping.

Agreed - Paraguay is much cheaper than here. But you then need to deal with the hassle of bringing it back here.

There also are some kind of duty free places alongside the Brazilian-Uruguayan frontier but I don't have that much information about it (if someone has, that's welcome)

French jurist said:
There also are some kind of duty free places alongside the Brazilian-Uruguayan frontier but I don't have that much information about it (if someone has, that's welcome)

There are six towns that can sell to non Uruguayans

The two most important are Rivera and Chuy.

Its a long bus ride from MVD however.

Really set up to catch the Brazilian market

Prices are better than Argentina but not as good as USA

The best place is ciudad del este, in paraguay, in the triple frontera, many tourists go there when visiting iguazu falls, but you have to know your way arround there, because it can be a dangerous place, not sure it's worth taking the risk, many fakes/counterfits there aswell, but if you know where to shop it should be ok. Places like master10 or compubras are fine, just google it, there is a price list on the website.

la petisquera is the best shop for perfumes and liquors in ciudad del este

Back