Embassy

Im in the same boat... But I want to bring my wife in July. Her visa expired and I sent the renewal in Jan..... we got an interview for december 2023. I tried to expedite and got turned down. I also wrote to my congresswoman and got a boiler response basically saying nothing helpful..
I saw salvation with this open house with Ambassador Stanley, but alas I too was late. I got the mail wed morning, and rsvp at noon the same day.. Talking to a live person seems out of the question, I even tried the state dept. in Washington. Its a AI system now. I might be SOL.

Im in the same boat... But I want to bring my wife in July. Her visa expired and I sent the renewal in Jan..... we got an interview for december 2023. I tried to expedite and got turned down. I also wrote to my congresswoman and got a boiler response basically saying nothing helpful..
I saw salvation with this open house with Ambassador Stanley, but alas I too was late. I got the mail wed morning, and rsvp at noon the same day.. Talking to a live person seems out of the question, I even tried the state dept. in Washington. Its a AI system now. I might be SOL.
Sorry to hear about the obstacles. It shouldn't be this hard. My wife's visa expires in two years. We haven't viewed it with any urgency - until now. She's getting a appointment asap.

Sorry to hear about the obstacles. It shouldn't be this hard. My wife's visa expires in two years. We haven't viewed it with any urgency - until now. She's getting a appointment asap.
i suspect that the pandemic may have caused a backlog.

i suspect that the pandemic may have caused a backlog.
Yup. I've been speaking to Argentine friends, who have much more experience in this area than I (who never has to think about getting a visa). They say it began during the pandemic. Still...

hello all. immigration visas are a mess. my used to girlfriend now my wife are waiting for her greencard. we have been together for 15 years. knowing the wait for a visa appointment was a year and a half away she came to the US and we married and made application. she is now stuck in US until we recieve documents. could be a year. i believe when you marry it cancels the tourist visa. thats alot more personal than just trying to get a tourist visa. looks like the time frame is coming down. imo trying to use a congresman wont work. i took a letter to the embassy form john kyle a senator and was told to have him change the law if he doesnt like it. 😂😂😎

laughing, you might be better off going to Kansas resturant at 6:00, have a beer and hope to meet the embassy employees.

Back