Endocrinologist needed

chieftahosa

Registered
I have hypothryroidism and need to consult an endocrinologist about this condition and related issues. Before scheduling an appointment with him or her, I'd like to have my thyroid levels tested (i.e., blood test).

The rub: I don't have health insurance here and would be paying out of pocket.

Could someone point me in the right direction for (1) thyroid/blood testing and (2) endocrinologist referral, please?

Thanks!

I went to Dra. Magdalena Rey a couple months ago and she seemed to know her stuff. She's with the Hospital Aleman. Her number is 4824-1136

I have it as well. You can't get a blood test at a lab without getting a written and stamped order from an endocrinologist. A decent lab to get it done at is Clinica Dr. Enrique Rossi, or Hospital Aleman. Ask the doctor to recommend a good lab. A blood test takes about five days to get back. Plan on waiting in line a long time when you get there in the morning. The good news is that levothyroxine is inexpensive. Good luck!

Thanks, nlaruccia! Yeah, my doc diagnosed me about 10 years ago in my case. I'm starting to get some symptoms like tingling in my legs and sluggishness and wonder if my T levels have dropped. It could be some other condition, but it seems like thyroid is the first place to check as I haven't been tested in 5 years for calibration of the levothyroxine dosage (100 mcg). Thank God it's cheap :D

Dra. Gabriela Brenta at Sanatorio Otamendi is great,she speaks English too and has published in international journals. Tel. No. 4963-8888.

Back