Engaging Tv Series In Spanish Please...

arielm

Registered
Hola friends,
My Castellano could really benefit by me becoming addicted to some Spanish language TV show...My comprehension is pretty good at this point. Any suggestions? I will watch online.

I am more than open to the show NOT being Argentine (in theory that i will one day return to the US and be understandable in me espanol by other latin americans.)

cerebration on channel natgeo, is interesting, and dubbed into Spanish Argentine

Hola friends,
My Castellano could really benefit by me becoming addicted to some Spanish language TV show...My comprehension is pretty good at this point. Any suggestions? I will watch online.

I am more than open to the show NOT being Argentine (in theory that i will one day return to the US and be understandable in me espanol by other latin americans.)

Most Spanish-speaking people find the Castellano accent very pleasant - and all understand well. The Spanish, in particular, always comment on how nice Argentinos sound.

Epitafios.

But since it was a Latino HBO presentation, you have to watch it online, I dont think its being rerun on regular tv.

Shot in Buenos Aires, the actors are mostly quite local, and yes, they speak rio platenese.

Most Spanish-speaking people find the Castellano accent very pleasant - and all understand well. The Spanish, in particular, always comment on how nice Argentinos sound.

This is true... the Spanish do like the Argentine accent and vice versa. But castellano is the general term for the language. I know here they distinguish between accents "castellano" vs "español" but that's not accurate. The terms are often used interchangeably, though castellano is the more proper term for the Spanish language (separating it from the other Spanish dialects.)

A show I like on Antena 3 (Spain) is called "Aqui no hay quien viva." It's a situational comedy sitcom, a few years old, and obviously Spanish from Spain, but entertaining.

Go to youtube and put "soy tu fan" but be sure of watching the Argentinas one, since there is another from Mexico produced by the same (argentine) people. There are only 8 chapters of about an hour each, I find it pretty funny. It was aired in 2008 and ended dramatically since Gaston Pauls, the main character, quitted because he didnt want to be aired in America channel, in those days in hands of De Narvaez.

There's a local show called "graduados" that's not bad. I think you can find full episodes on youtube. They speak very Argentine Spanish.

Back