England Match Tomorrow

kate123

Registered
Hi everyone! Last England game, my partner and I struggled to find anywhere decent with an good atmosphere to watch the match, so we resulted in watching it in our flat. Tomorrow we really want to watch it in a bar/pub with a drink and a good crowd of people.
Does anybody know of anywhere that is good for that kinda stuff? Or is anybody going anywher tomo for the game?
Ive heard a few places are good, including 'malasartes' in palermo, and an other one ive forgot the name of.

Suggestions are very welcome!?" Thanks

Sugar was the best place last weekend - and probably will be tomorrow. I wouldn't go to Malasartes, as there will be a lot of depressed French there :) (Teasing)

Wherever you go, make sure they have "quality" post-game programming. What am I talking about? Please, let me 'splain you.

...To be filed under "Things I love about Latin America"...

I just went in to see what was on TV. I left it on the channel that showed the Mexico/France game. (Channel 10 I believe.) I'm pretty sure that it is a public channel. And here's what I saw.

A talk show/ game show with 4 people playing two on two soccer on a small carpeted field with lines and small goals in the shows film stage.

The players were:

1) Super Hot Girl
wearing hot pants & spiked high heels
2) Super Hot Girl wearing daisy dukes, but with black leggings and spiked high heel boots
3) Fat production guy wearing jeans and his walkie-talkie headset
4) Guy in a gorilla costume and an Argentine jersey (without a number) who looked somewhat like Carlos Tevez

Now THAT'S programming!! Check your satellite provider for availability in your area.

And yes, SUGAR is where you want to be to watch the game with Englishmen. I went to El Alamo this morning for the Argentina game and I felt like I was on the set of Students Abroad meets MTV Cancun Spring Break. There were a lot of really cool American college kids enjoying the game. Nearly all of the girls looked alike (or at least read the same beauty magazines) and most of the guys were somewhat knowledgeable about the players, but just wrong enough to make me want to correct them about 1 every 5 minutes.

OTHER OPTION:

Parque Centenario and Plaza San Martin have jumbo digital screens & Fan Zones for watching the game. I've been to Plaza San Martin and it's fun, but you can't bring booze in. So if you need alcohol to watch the game, I would suggest somewhere else.

Napoleon said:
The players were:
1) Super Hot Girl
wearing hot pants & spiked high heels

I agree. She's hot

Napoleon said:
2) Super Hot Girl wearing daisy dukes, but with black leggings and spiked high heel boots

She happens to be Diego Simeone's former wife and mother of his sons.
Carolina Baldini is her name.

Napoleon said:
4) Guy in a gorilla costume and an Argentine jersey (without a number) who looked somewhat like Carlos Tevez

That's what I call racism!

Just in case: Diego Simeone was a starting midfielder for Argentina for several years including 2 or 3 World Cups.
English may remember him from owning Beckham's ass during the France 98s matchup.

Napoleon said:
The players were:

...4) Guy in a gorilla costume and an Argentine jersey (without a number) who looked somewhat like Carlos Tevez

billsfan said:
That's what I call racism!

I apologize if someone is offended, but I didn't know that Carlos Tevez was of any particular "race" that looks like a gorilla costume. I just know that he's stocky, has extremely thick black hair, and isn't the most attractive guy in the world. (from a straight man's perspective)

"Offensive to Carlitos"- I get.

"Racist"- Not so much. I don't think that "ugly" is a race.

carlitos.jpg
Carlitos with Boca Juniors
carlos_tevez_1237872c.jpg
Carlitos with Manchester United
tevez.jpg
Carlitos with Manchester City

That being said, I'm sure that there are thousands of ladies who find this exceptionally talented multi-millionaire football/futbol/soccer player extremely attractive. After all, he's the #1 Most Popular Player in Argentina right now. He's not lacking for admirers.

Vamos albiceleste!!

Thanks Napoleon. (Coming from a River "Hen/Chicken" Plate fan)
Vamos Argentina carajo!

Hello to all! I'm new on here - hope you're all well!

I was wondering what the verdict was? Is anyone going to meet up to watch the match? Thanks!

call me on 1551641006 if you wanna meet up

VAMOS INGLATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back