English Medium Kindergarten Schools In Ba

bkoustav

Registered
Hi
One of my colleague from India will be coming over to BA next month and he has a school going son. Please reply if you have information on English medium (or bilingual) Kindergarten schools in BA. Also let know if you have actually admitted your child in such school and what has been the experience. Thanks.

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier , a quick search of forums did not throw relevant results.

Regards

Our experience with three private schools in Cap Fed, starting at 2.5 years of age for our child was not positive. Suggest if you do find a school to be very mindful of signs of bullying, violent outbursts from other students that result in your child or other children being hurt, ( relentlessly being hit, kicked, scratched, bitten etc.) and subtle degrees of racism. Found that these particular private schools felt this type of behaviour in children was just the normal rite of passage and that children should sort it out for themselves. I sincerely hope others on this forum have a more positive experience to share with you. Best of luck.

I have kids at BAICA and we are happy. Classes are small and many teacher are American, which I think translates into a tougher stance against bullying, etc. But it is north of San Isidro, in Punta Chica area, so not in Cap Fed. It's an international school so different calendar and if learning Spanish is a priority then it will be slower in an international school rather than a bilingual one. Lincoln is also English/international but also north.

I also have friends with similar experiences to Risu above - teachers are a little more hands-off and kids can be cruel to outsiders.

Thanks for the replies.
Do you know of english schools around subte line D?

Hi
Thanks for the reply. What are the schools you tried?

Our experience with three private schools in Cap Fed, starting at 2.5 years of age for our child was not positive. Suggest if you do find a school to be very mindful of signs of bullying, violent outbursts from other students that result in your child or other children being hurt, ( relentlessly being hit, kicked, scratched, bitten etc.) and subtle degrees of racism. Found that these particular private schools felt this type of behaviour in children was just the normal rite of passage and that children should sort it out for themselves. I sincerely hope others on this forum have a more positive experience to share with you. Best of luck.

Would you be willing to let us know which schools you tried?

I have kids at BAICA and we are happy. Classes are small and many teacher are American, which I think translates into a tougher stance against bullying, etc. But it is north of San Isidro, in Punta Chica area, so not in Cap Fed. It's an international school so different calendar and if learning Spanish is a priority then it will be slower in an international school rather than a bilingual one. Lincoln is also English/international but also north.

I also have friends with similar experiences to Risu above - teachers are a little more hands-off and kids can be cruel to outsiders.

Hi maryk
Are your kids still in baica?? Could you tell me a little more about the school. Ive heard that is a very small building and have just one group class per year, no more than 10-12 kids ...?? Do they have fun? Is it a cheerfull school ? How about the teachers way of being?

Hi @Yservidio I know the school. It's very cheerful. In fact, one of the points I like is the positive vision of life, that have teachers and staff. Is the only school where I saw the Kinder Principal in her pyjamas greeting the kids in the door! :):D Was for the Spirit Week: https://www.facebook.com/baicacommunity/videos/491293274679980/ Also, the PK4 went to a Zumba class. My kids love BAICA!
The groups are 4 to 10 kids per class. Half are from Argentina and half are ex-pats.
Part of the teachers are young christian missionaries from the US and Canada. There are sons of Embassies officers. It's a boutique school, so the treatment between the staff and you is close and personal. We're not a number.

Back