English-speaking dentists & ferry schedule/prices to Uruguay

That’s if you travel via Buquebus, you need to walk to Av. Colon to get a normally priced taxi.

There are fewer options at the Colonia terminal and the immediate neighbourhood is a bit grotty.

I just order an Uber. Usually I wait to order it until I clear immigration, but on my most recent trip a few weeks ago Argentina immigration took place before departing Colonia, so I ordered the Uber as I walked off the boat. Uber was 2.350 pesos from the terminal to La Boca, not worth it for me to walk to Av. Colon to maybe save a few hundred pesos.

Look up the web pages at COLONIA EXPRESS and BUQUEBUS. COLONIA EXPRESS is cheaper but you get what you pay for, you are responsible for carrying all your luggage up to the arrival port but at Buquebus you can check in your bags at the counter. If I return late at night with baggage, I try to return with Buquebus because I don't like the area where Colonia Express is, and I don't want to be there at night unless I'm able to run if I need to.
Regarding dentist, I always see Dr. Isaac Meta and I like him. His patients are mainly foreigners and diplomats. [email protected]

Last edited:
I just order an Uber. Usually I wait to order it until I clear immigration, but on my most recent trip a few weeks ago Argentina immigration took place before departing Colonia, so I ordered the Uber as I walked off the boat. Uber was 2.350 pesos from the terminal to La Boca, not worth it for me to walk to Av. Colon to maybe save a few hundred pesos.
Sounds like a good option, for all that I dislike Uber (I’d try to get an InDriver instead).

Can the Ubers drive into the BuqueBus pickup area? Or do you have to go out onto the street?

I’m wondering if it’s like the bad old days at Aeroparque where there would be a taxi driver spotting Ubers and making a note of their numberplates.

Sounds like a good option, for all that I dislike Uber (I’d try to get an InDriver instead).

Can the Ubers drive into the BuqueBus pickup area? Or do you have to go out onto the street?

I’m wondering if it’s like the bad old days at Aeroparque where there would be a taxi driver spotting Ubers and making a note of their numberplates.
I'll have to check out InDrive, haven't tried it before. I usually swap between Uber, Cabify or Didi. With how hot it's been lately I like Uber Comfort because I can specify that I want air conditioning. AC seems to be non-existent in a lot of street taxis, and me being from Seattle originally, just cracking the windows doesn't cut it on a 35 degree day.

I haven't noticed any "enforcers" at the Buquebus terminal. I'm not sure how they'd differentiate Ubers from all of the other vehicles picking up and dropping off passengers, unless the Uber was marked as such. When I was in Colombia the Uber drivers always required me to sit in the front seat because Uber is or was still technically illegal. The thinking being that by sitting in the front seat I look like a family member or friend, rather than a fare.

If the Uber drivers here had similar concerns about the Buquebus terminal, then I'd assume they'd ask me to do the same (or meet on the street), but so far hasn't been an issue. Didi allows you to order a taxi, and I'm guessing that might raise some hackles among the taxi scammers if they observed an outside taxi jumping their queue.

I'll have to check out InDrive, haven't tried it before. I usually swap between Uber, Cabify or Didi. With how hot it's been lately I like Uber Comfort because I can specify that I want air conditioning. AC seems to be non-existent in a lot of street taxis, and me being from Seattle originally, just cracking the windows doesn't cut it on a 35 degree day.

I haven't noticed any "enforcers" at the Buquebus terminal. I'm not sure how they'd differentiate Ubers from all of the other vehicles picking up and dropping off passengers, unless the Uber was marked as such. When I was in Colombia the Uber drivers always required me to sit in the front seat because Uber is or was still technically illegal. The thinking being that by sitting in the front seat I look like a family member or friend, rather than a fare.

If the Uber drivers here had similar concerns about the Buquebus terminal, then I'd assume they'd ask me to do the same (or meet on the street), but so far hasn't been an issue. Didi allows you to order a taxi, and I'm guessing that might raise some hackles among the taxi scammers if they observed an outside taxi jumping their queue.
That’s good news, thanks for taking the time to find out 😃

I usually request an Uber and message them to get inside the entrance. Never had a problem and I take Buquebus once or twice a year.

Back