English tutor needed for bilingual kids

Porvenir

Registered
We are looking for an English teacher for our children, both of whom are fully bilingual, so this is not the standard EFL situation. Our kids are twins, age 9, lived in the US though kindergarten when we moved to Spain, where we lived until now. They are in third grade here in BA, only attending school in the mornings since we decided against enrolling them in the afternoon English classes offered at school. What we want is a tutor to help with the aspects of schooling that they've missed out on in English (basically, spelling and grammar); reading has not been a problem for them. If there's anyone out there with a primary education background, we would love to talk to you about tutoring and perhaps helping out picking them up from school once or twice a week. Preferably, someone who plans on being here for at least the rest of this year! Thanks--Porvenir and flia.

Dear Parents,
I am originally from Canada, but I am currently in Czech Republic finishing up a well recognised TEFL course. In about two weeks I will be moving to Buenos Aires for a year hoping to teach while I am there. I am very interested in your job posting. I have experience teaching Intermediate and Upper Intermediate students, as well as teaching one on one. In Canada I was home schooled, where I helped my younger sisters, ages 13 and 7 be home schooled as well. -So I have experience teaching younger ages.
If the job is still available, and you are interested, you can contact me via e-mail. My address is [email protected].
Thanks,
Caitlin Banks

Hello,

I am in my early twenties, a college graduate (Univ. of Virginia) and I've lived and traveled in Spain (Valencia) and South America. I am fluent in Spanish. I have taught and cared for kids of all ages for the past ten years. Currently I am volunteering at a community center in a villa a few afternoons a week. I have been hoping to get in touch with families who need someone to babysit or tutor their kids, as I am looking to pick up a few extra pesos and also it's something I enjoy.

I'd love to meet with your family and see if we can work something out. You can e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks! Suerte!

Hi, My name is Laurie and I will be moving to BA in August, and will stay at least through January. I am bilingual and have lots of experience teaching children of all ages. I also have taught ESL to adults and Spanish as a second language to teenagers. I can send you my resume upon request. What would the hours be like? And how much are you offering to pay?

Back