Enrolment SOS! UBA spanish classes

I am taking a course, "Español para Extranjeros" at UBA right now. I am in level 6 which is the highest level they will start a newcomer in. The highest is level 8 which must be very advanced because my course is advanced. There are only four students in the class so all of us receive a great deal of personal attention from the professor. The course is a misnomer--it should be "Castellano" because we must use the "vos" and you learn lots of "porteñismos."

UBA for Spanish courses is located downtown at 221 25 de Mayo. That's 25 de Mayo and Juan Domingo Perón. Go down there in the morning and apply. No need to get there earlier than 10. When I went, there was not much of a wait. They will give you a written test and then talk with you to determine your level.

There are all types of courses starting at various times of the day or night. I am in a "normal" course which lasts three months but they also have accelerated courses that last half the time.

The cost varies depending on whether you are Mercosur or not. That is, the cost is 1555 pesos if you have a DNI (or a receipt that you applied for one) or four monthly payments of 432 pesos. I am familiar with these prices since I have a DNI and that is what I paid (and I am still paying!). I believe if you do not have a DNI, the cost is about 2200 pesos and about 600-700 pesos per month. Today is October 5, 2011 so these prices are probably correct as of today.

I also pay by credit card. Earlier in these posts someone said if you pay in cash it may take a while to get your money back if the course is canceled. That is good advice.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Back