Entering Argentina as Permanent Resident with a DNI - U.S. Passport at 5 months until expired

amik

Registered
Hi all,

Currently settling in to spend a night at Lima's Chavez airport. Completely didn't realize I couldn't exit Lima unless U.S. passport is at least 6 months until expiry date. My main concern is: Can I enter Argentina with my U.S. Passport if it's set to expire in 5 months? I also have Permanent Residency in Argentina and a valid DNI that expires in 2037. If anything, will I be able to enter with my DNI?

Please, any help is appreciated. Tried to search through migraciones website and U.S. website but cant find a concrete answer. Many thanks in advance!

Completely didn't realize I couldn't exit Lima unless U.S. passport is at least 6 months until expiry date.
Who told you that? Airline? Immigration? Or is it just a sudden realization?

if you have a DNI, you should enter with that. did you exit with the DNI?

Peru's entry system is a complicated mix of passport stamps and electronic records and it sounds to me as if they are trying to properly register your arrival for the first time (not possible if the passport validity is under six months) in order to process your exit. Check out 'entry requirements' for Peru on the US or UK Advice for Travelers website. None of this ought to affect your arrival and stay in Argentina but your departure from Lima may be red flagged to Migraciones at Ezeiza and they may ask you more questions than usual when you arrive.

Back