Entering Argentina for more than 90 days

Yes, I run into this problem with my mother in law before when she traveled sometimes. Often times she wouldn't know her full itinerary or when she was coming back. But sometimes the country she was flying into would ask to see a return ticket. What I would do is get a fully refundable ticket.

Or if you have miles or frequent flyer points in an account, just book a ticket and print it out or create a PDF and then you can cancel it. I doubt anywhere actually checks the tickets. It's more of a matter of red tape.
Actually I think you are right that most of the time they don't check, it is really just not to get into trouble

I spent several longer periods in Argentina over the last 10 years and after having double checked old reservations I can see that several times there were more than three months between arrival and return date. The airline never said anything, however, once, in Ezeiza, they called me into an office and asked me some questions, but in the end they did let me in and this is the important point

No, I don't think it has to be a flight, I just didn't think that a ferry ticket would be refundable, but I will try to find information about it

No, I don't think it has to be a flight, I just didn't think that a ferry ticket would be refundable, but I will try to find information about it
Any ticket out of Argentina will do.
A few years back I had the same problem, bought a bus ticket Mendoza to Santiago de Chile and that was enough.

Back