Entitlements For People With Disabilites In Argentina

hbk

Registered
Hi there, I am new to this site and I am from Ireland and I am planning to move to Argentina next year to live and work and I have a disability and I was wondering if there are any entitlements for people with disabilites when living there like rent allowances, electricity allowances etc and if so how do I apply for these?

Any information given would be most helpful and i would be very grateful for youe help.

Thanks so much

You would have to be an argentine citizen (get a DNI) to get the entitlements I belive. Im not an expert but i know you can get free pass for life in public transportation and a pension, depending on your disability.

Reactions: hbk
Hello

Iam Argentine and one of my children has a disability not at a serious level (spastic muscles in one of his legs) so he does kinesiology and other treatments. The only thing we receive from the government is a free pass for him and me for public transport. I know there is an allowance but only when the family has a very low income, the other thing is that is possible to buy a brand new car without taxes and the prepaid or social security has to cover 100% of the treatments and medicines. This is all as far as I know.
Anything else you would like to know feel free to contact me

And also you are exempt from paying the ABL (city tax you supposedly pay to keep the city clean and well lit) I believe.

Thanks so much for all the replies. They are much appreciated. So there is no actual weekly income that can be applied for if a disabled person does not have a job and they are living alone? Surely they must be entitled to some income to live on? In Ireland we have a disability allowance which gives us money each week if we are not in full time employment. Can I find out information from any websites or the government there or get a list of entitlements that are available anywhere?

Once again thanks for all the information. Your help is much appreciated and I look forward to coming there soon.

hbk said:
. . . . So there is no actual weekly income that can be applied for if a disabled person does not have a job and . . . [is] living alone? . . . .
Even the prodigal United States is considering further curtailling such payments to noncitizens who've never paid income taxes to the federal government; so it's hardly surprising that less-wealthy Argentina doesn't pay noncitizens who've never paid taxes to its government. Qatar (or was it Dubai?), on the other hand . . . .

However, there may be church-based or other private benevolent associations or charities in Argentina that would give you help beyond that offered by Argentine governments.

hbk said:
Thanks so much for all the replies. They are much appreciated. So there is no actual weekly income that can be applied for if a disabled person does not have a job and they are living alone? Surely they must be entitled to some income to live on? In Ireland we have a disability allowance which gives us money each week if we are not in full time employment. Can I find out information from any websites or the government there or get a list of entitlements that are available anywhere?

Once again thanks for all the information. Your help is much appreciated and I look forward to coming there soon.

My advice would be stay in Ireland, or you can join the legless, armless, or blind people who go up and down the subte every day selling glasses, books, or paper tissues for a peso a time.

hbk said:
Hi there, I am new to this site and I am from Ireland and I am planning to move to Argentina next year to live and work and I have a disability and I was wondering if there are any entitlements for people with disabilites when living there like rent allowances, electricity allowances etc and if so how do I apply for these?

Any information given would be most helpful and i would be very grateful for youe help.

Thanks so much

What kind of disability do you have? Argentina is a tough city even for people who are in the best of shape.

I agree with Tangobob that you are better off in Ireland. Ireland has excellent entitlement programs. I don't think that the type of programs that you are looking for even exist and if they do, certainly, it will not be for someone who has just moved to the country.

Thanks for the advice but i won't be staying in Ireland. I have a girlfriend in Argentina and I am coming there for her and as for tangobob's suggestion, I am not legless, armless or blind and i do not need to sell things for one peso to make money. I think it is ignorance like that that makes people with disabilities so self conscious that they don't have the confidence to come out and join in with others when in reality they are just as good as tangobob and all the so called 'normal' people.

Back