Erich Priebke Portrayed In "massacre In Rome"

Eric2005

Registered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJjlOnG5TE

Fascinating film about Nazi retaliation for the assault on an SS brigade in Rome. Former long term Argentine resident and Nazi officer Erich Priebke is featured in this excellent but disturbing drama. With a Vatican passport obtained by a sympathetic bishop in Rome, Priebke escaped to Argentina where he lived a happy and prosperous life in Bariloche for over fifty years. In the 1990’s he was finally extradited to Rome. He died there last year.

Thanks a masterpiece what actors Mastroiani Burton Carlo Ponti Director music Score by Ennio Morricone .Burton plays as Priebke?
After watching the movie, Burton is Burton more like Old Vic and Larry Olivier than a Nazi Officer :D
The movie portrays Priebke as acting under superior orders from the Fuhrer Innocent?
Could we exchange movies among foristas? like a Napster?

Yes, this is a great film with superb actors. Burton plays Priebke's boss.. Priebke seems to be some sort of office manager. The old Nazi line of course was "I was just doing my duty". I agree that Burton was playing Burton but it may have been true that the officer he played did not want to do what he did. Was the priest art historian based on a real person?

Yes, this is a great film with superb actors. Burton plays Priebke's boss.. Priebke seems to be some sort of office manager. The old Nazi line of course was "I was just doing my duty". I agree that Burton was playing Burton but it may have been true that the officer he played did not want to do what he did. Was the priest art historian based on a real person?

Bahh Priebke/Burton Shoots father Antonelli on the neck? Priebke was tried and condemned for actively participating in the Ardeatina Caves !

You beleve the Short Heavy Set in Blue was Priebke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=whJjlOnG5TE

Burton addresses a young officer as "Priebke" not the Rumpole character in the clip above.

Back