Erotic act in chamber of deputies session

Generally speaking, one of the many security concern people should keep in mind regarding today's smart devices is the ability/possibility of activating cameras and microphones remotedly. Spying is only a click away. ALWAYS.

You might have seen more than once the notebook camera lens covered with tape. Telephones as listening devices is as old as the telephone itself.
Microsoft terminated the Xbox Kinect device that mapped movement in front of its camera and listened to voice command when people realised they had set up Big Brother in their living room. Amazon's current thingy is well known for sharing household conversation with other people in the contact list. A bug? The sharing, not the unsollicited earsdropping.
For fun, just watch the comedy Lexi and consider what happens with your private data.

Regarding the people's rep, they were quick to accept his resignation to avoid ousting him. Kicked out, he woumd have lost his privileges, retirement, etc.

Iz
You make good points here, Izzy. And yes, Lexi was hysterical. We've come a long way from HAL in 2001, with his "I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that."

I use an external USB webcam. When it's unplugged, it's not working. AND I run Kaspersky Internet Security, which pops up a bright green flag at top center of my screen when any app is accessing the webcam, though I don't consider that bulletproof.

Makes a lot of sense that they had this guy resign - the last thing they want is a bunch of journalists focused on him, and possibly digging around.

Makes a lot of sense that they had this guy resign - the last thing they want is a bunch of journalists focused on him, and possibly digging around.
Pierre,

This person and each one who has come before him in a similar situation commits political suicide by stupidity. It is impossible to govern and make law when your example of conduct is so inconsistent with the high morals and standards a law maker must at worst portray and at best possess.

Once said person commits political suicide, constituents, staff and fellow officials practice social distance canyon wide in scope. No one wants to be associated with a person who behaves like this.

The sadder statement is that the offender is human, like the rest of us, he merely got caught at what most people do. So, in a sense, it's an exercise in hypocrisy.

I repeat: They did HIM a HUGE favor by accepting his resignation and letting him keep his perks, privileges and civil rights.
They should have gone forward with the procedure and politically crucify the dickhead.
But that would have required a group of better people and not a simple frown by his pairs.

Iz

Back